• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity Kid

Infinity Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to view this topic.

I purchased a KWA M11A1 (NS2) around December time from Evike.com. I recently started firing it with no trouble other than with the mag (Will get into that later).

Upon firing it 4 days ago, I shot 10-15 shots before the Mac 11 stopped firing. The Mac 11's magazine would have gas in it, but the Mac 11 almost would not "receive" the gas. Upon racking the bolt back, a depression of the trigger would only cycle the bolt forward, but not shoot (The spring retention pushed the bolt forward, not the gas). I took the Mac 11 apart and cleaned it along with taking apart the magazine and cleaning it. I then tried to fire the Mac 11 with no luck.

It seems like the Mac 11 is not receiving the gas (Propane/Silicone Oil mix). What could be a reason pertaining to this issue?

Also, when I fill the magazine up with a propane adapter, gas "spills" out of the magazine. I fill the magazine up with the magazine down and the propane can flush. It seems that possibly the oring inside the fill adapter is out of place. How hard is it to get into the area containing the oring? Also, what size is the oring?

Next, I am looking to replace or upgrade the hop up bucking. I want the best of the best. What kind of hop up bucking can I purchase to receive the best quality and assurance of performance.

Also, I am looking to increase accuracy and FPS via an inner barrel. I would like a tight bore barrel such as a 6.01 tight bore barrel. What "length" barrel and what kind can I purchase to give that?

And to finalize, what "threading" is the KWA M11A1 NS2 for a "[barrel extension]"? I want to purchase one to hide the inner barrel in length.

As always, thank you dearly for answering my questions.

-Thanks, Nate

#2 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi,
   I can't help you with your firing issues but I can tell you where I got my tight bore.
   I have an Edgi 288mm x 6.01mm. You have to order it from the Phillapenes.
   Mine cost $55 for the barrel and $45 shipping. I had it in 5 days.
   The address I used last Auguat was edgi_langis@yahoo.com.
   I have a Polar Star mock suppersor to cover and protect my tight bore. It is made for the Mac 11 and screws right on.
   Hope this helps,
Keith

#3 Infinity Kid

Infinity Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostKeith, on 16 June 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Hi,
   I can't help you with your firing issues but I can tell you where I got my tight bore.
   I have an Edgi 288mm x 6.01mm. You have to order it from the Phillapenes.
   Mine cost $55 for the barrel and $45 shipping. I had it in 5 days.
   The address I used last Auguat was edgi_langis@yahoo.com.
   I have a Polar Star mock suppersor to cover and protect my tight bore. It is made for the Mac 11 and screws right on.
   Hope this helps,
     Keith

Is there a US location that supplies EDGI barrels? Is it has blowback specific, or can I use a barrel like this: http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=41515

I would prefer to order within the United States.

I followed a tutorial one here about taking the whole inner barrel apart and cleaning it and when I got back to assembly, I lost the hop up bearing. I think the hop up is entirely messed up. I am going to try and find one. I see KWA has one, but shipping is double the price. That's insane

Edited by Infinity Kid, 17 June 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#4 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

At the time I did my searching last fall I could not find a barrel in the U.S. for my Mac by Edgi or anyone.
Yeah I lost my Hop Up bearing once also.
If you call KWA and talk to a customer rep over the phone they will give you a realistic shipping price.
Like put it in an envalope Post Office cheap.
if you ever need to buy small parts from KWA call them on the phone.
I don't know if that Evike barrel will fit or not. I am kind if new to all this.
I would think a tech at Evike would know.

#5 Infinity Kid

Infinity Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I will have to call KWA. It was $5 for a new hop up and $9.50 for shipping. After shipping a ton of packages, I know that's an insane price.

I will talk to an evike tech!

Does anyone have input on the shooting issue?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostInfinity Kid, on 17 June 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I will have to call KWA. It was $5 for a new hop up and $9.50 for shipping. After shipping a ton of packages, I know that's an insane price.

I will talk to an evike tech!

Does anyone have input on the shooting issue?
Keep in mind that small parts orders are shipped via USPS Priority mail and the cost is fixed for the parcel size and gets you the package in 2-3 business days.  You can do two things to offset the cost of shipping from KWA
  • Ask for non-priority shipping which brings down the cost substantially; this will lengthen the shipping time also
  • Order $30.00 or more and use the FREESHIP code which makes the shipping free as the name implies.  There's probably a few items you could use that will put you up to and over 30 bucks
Hope this helps.

#7 Infinity Kid

Infinity Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postgcw360, on 17 June 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Keep in mind that small parts orders are shipped via USPS Priority mail and the cost is fixed for the parcel size and gets you the package in 2-3 business days.  You can do two things to offset the cost of shipping from KWA
  • Ask for non-priority shipping which brings down the cost substantially; this will lengthen the shipping time also

• Order $30.00 or more and use the FREESHIP code which makes the shipping free as the name implies.  There's probably a few items you could use that will put you up to and over 30 bucks
Hope this helps.

I am going to see what costs are! I would like to know possibly solutions to the non firing issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inner Barrel, Hop Up, Not firing, KWA M11A1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users