• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hello

Has anyone one tried using this inner barrel:
Modify 6.03mm Hybrid Tightbore Barrel 363mm Inner Barrel

http://www.airsoftou...mm-inner-barrel

If so, what else would I need to complete this modification? ( Also any thoughts about using Madbull Black Python 6.03 363mm)

Cylinder - Stock or Change if so what type and brand
Hop-up Bucking - What type and brand

The gun would be used for indoor play so I need to stay under 400FPS, currently no other internal mods are installed, but I've since removed the external barrel extension and the front sight post. The inner barrel sticks out about a 3rd of an inch, but the flash hider covers it up. I'm looking to extend the inner barrel and cover it with a mock suppressor. I'll post pics of what it looks like currently later or tomorrow. I appreciate any advice and wisdom that can be shared with me. Thanks.

Edited by d0nat0, 09 June 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#2 d0nat0

d0nat0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

i guess i'll have to check elsewhere for advice.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postd0nat0, on 11 June 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

i guess i'll have to check elsewhere for advice.
The reason you may not be getting a direct answer is that you are using a barrel that most on the Forums do not have experience with.  That and traffic has been down the last few days.  Be that as it may, adding a TBB usually does not require any additional modifications so long as
  • It is compatible with the hop-up/bucking

• The cylinder used is sufficient for the barrel length
In this case, I can not tell you if the barrel is compatible simply because I have not used it myself, nor do I remember seeing it listed on these Forums as compatible.  It very well may be.  Then again it may not be.

Good barrels to consider are EdGI made for KWAs and KM Head barrels made for KWAs.  The latter can be found in the Pro Shop and is the best barrel I have ever used.

Some members have had good results with various Madbull barrels including the black python.  I have had mixed results at best.

Regarding the under 400 FPS limit you have mentioned, I would highly recommend putting in a different cylinder and have used the KWA type 0.5 cylinder myself in this gun.   This will improve the efficiency of the power stroke of your gun given the barrel lenght.  If you would like to use a none KWA brand then buy a standard type 1 cylinder.  Either should have you firing closer to 380+ assuming a good TBB fit.

I hope this helps.

#4 d0nat0

d0nat0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 June 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

The reason you may not be getting a direct answer is that you are using a barrel that most on the Forums do not have experience with.  That and traffic has been down the last few days.  Be that as it may, adding a TBB usually does not require any additional modifications so long as
  • It is compatible with the hop-up/bucking

• The cylinder used is sufficient for the barrel length
In this case, I can not tell you if the barrel is compatible simply because I have not used it myself, nor do I remember seeing it listed on these Forums as compatible.  It very well may be.  Then again it may not be.

Good barrels to consider are EdGI made for KWAs and KM Head barrels made for KWAs.  The latter can be found in the Pro Shop and is the best barrel I have ever used.

Some members have had good results with various Madbull barrels including the black python.  I have had mixed results at best.

Regarding the under 400 FPS limit you have mentioned, I would highly recommend putting in a different cylinder and have used the KWA type 0.5 cylinder myself in this gun.   This will improve the efficiency of the power stroke of your gun given the barrel lenght.  If you would like to use a none KWA brand then buy a standard type 1 cylinder.  Either should have you firing closer to 380+ assuming a good TBB fit.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

#5 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I installed a madbul 6.03 363 mm inner barrel on my mod2 cqr.  I am running a 6" suppressor since the inner barrel sticks out about 2-3" from the outer barrel. Great barrel. Picked better range and grouping.  Also went up approx 5-10 fps.   Other thing I did was replaced the stock cylinder with one that puts the port closer to the rear  originally shooting 320ish fps, now shooting 350-355 consistently.

#6 t0cKSIk

t0cKSIk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

I installed a madbul 6.03 363 mm inner barrel on my mod2 cqr.  I am running a 6" suppressor since the inner barrel sticks out about 2-3" from the outer barrel. Great barrel. Picked better range and grouping.  Also went up approx 5-10 fps.   Other thing I did was replaced the stock cylinder with one that puts the port closer to the rear  originally shooting 320ish fps, now shooting 350-355 consistently.
What cylinder did you replace it with? ANd can you link it to me? I put a madbull 6.03 363mm barrel in my kwa cqr mod 2 and my fps dropped. So i need to change my cylinder

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

This one: http://store.kwausa....lock-1-5-4.aspx

And this will boost the FPS

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Personally I have used Modify and Systema type-1 cylinders in many CQR builds with no issues.  The cylinder swap will yield a nice FPS boost.

#9 d0nat0

d0nat0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Awesome! I think I'll pick up the mabdull 363mm as well, I was leaning towards the 300mm. Also ordering the cylinder gcw360 linked. Any suggestions on which bucking to use? It's my first upgrade and I'm going to do a similar upgrade to my son's aeg.

View PostIcurblud, on 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

the 2-3" inner barrel that sticks out, is that measured with the external barrel extension or without?

View Postniko_gpsy, on 14 June 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Personally I have used Modify and Systema type-1 cylinders in many CQR builds with no issues.  The cylinder swap will yield a nice FPS boost.
Do you mind sharing which Modify cyclinder? Maybe links as well if it's not too much too ask.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postd0nat0, on 15 June 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Awesome! I think I'll pick up the mabdull 363mm as well, I was leaning towards the 300mm. Also ordering the cylinder gcw360 linked. Any suggestions on which bucking to use? It's my first upgrade and I'm going to do a similar upgrade to my son's aeg.

the 2-3" inner barrel that sticks out, is that measured with the external barrel extension or without?

Do you mind sharing which Modify cyclinder? Maybe links as well if it's not too much too ask.
Niko....is this it? http://www.airsoftat...e-1-p/63213.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users