• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lee1092

Lee1092

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I just recently received a kwa sr10 :)....A few questions, I am wanting to put a m130 spring in it but didnt know if I needed to change anything else. What I was considering was the piston and cylinder heads, shimming the gears, and maybe a mosfet and r hop. If anyone has any recommendations on upgrades to go along with the new spring that would be great. The m130 will give me enough fps with .25s or .28 so I want to make the accuracy as best as possible.

(Niko, I am friends with Dru with Battledog airsoft)

#2 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I put in a much needed flat hop via the Firefly "m-nub" and "stretched" the magazine spring (midcap) for a stronger spring which cured feeding issues.

#3 Lee1092

Lee1092

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Could you tell me what a flat hop is and maybe the difference between that and the r-hop? I am still new to all this but have been trying to do my research. I am pretty sure on what they are just want to double check. I was thinking doing the r-hop gg green bucking, (piston and cylinder heads?) and shim gears..

#4 nbv386

nbv386

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

For an m130 you won't need to shim the gears but it wouldn't hurt.

Now the briefe differences between flathop and rhop

Flat hop is easier but wont yeild as good of results as rhop but rhop is hard to do and takes time. For my first time it took me 5 hrs to get it right.

I suggest you go to the downgrades and modifications post and read "kwas and the new rhop setup" there you will be able to find almost if not all the information your looking for.

#5 Lee1092

Lee1092

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

ok thanks, should I just do the spring and r-hop?

#6 nbv386

nbv386

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Currently I have an sr12 and with these upgrades you are talking about (rhop version) I can hit someone from 300'. So yes to awnser your question unless your wanting extreme range these upgrades will give you above average range.

Now I know our guns are different but they will get relitivially the same range depending on how good you installed rhop.

Here's my guns upgrades and I recommend these for best performance without going too crazy:

M130 spring
Rhop
Lonex a1 speed and torque motor
11.1v 15c 1600 mah lipo you can get these cheap at hobby king but will take about 2-4 weeks to get to your house if they are in stock.

Now lastly I would shim your gun but in kwas it can be hard to do

An for the rhop TAKE YOUR TIME this is the most important thing I can say it can be the difference between a successful instal and a failure.

Now the motor and the lipo are not necessary but if you get it these will be about the reaults you will be getting

25 rps
250-300+ range depending on you good you installed your patch. I'm using kwa .30g bbs I find they grip better.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

If you are new to airsoft and your SR10, I recommend that you upgrade in increments, meaning little bit at a time.  The SR10 already performs great and all you may need is spring and a bucking.  A 300ft range sounds awesome but not really practical since your engagement distance will be around 150 to 220ft in a woods environment most of the time.
See and get used to how the gun performs and then look into some upgrades to compliment your playing style.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Agreed, I ran with a bone stock SR10 at LC XII and it performed excellently.  It accurately outdistanced most other guns.

#9 RabidGerbil

RabidGerbil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Family, Airspft and Muscle Cars!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

Ditto on learning the weapon first and yes, they perform extremely well out of the box. I have ran a stock KWA for a considerable time, now I have the IR-Hop installed and that is about it.

Why do you want an M130? The M120 should net you around 390fps which is good at most fields.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sr10, upgrade, mods, internal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users