weird sound when i move the selector switch.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

okay I just noticed sound this today when doing some external work on my cqr mod 2 but when I turn my selector switch from semi to full auto. right in between the two it makes a weird sound like a squeaky sound or a scratching sound, I'm not 100% what kind of sound it is but is it normal or do I have a problem with my gun?

Edited by Ethan, 30 May 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

Disconnect the battery and check again.  Should not make a noise either way.  The selector is an electrical switch between the battery and motor and there should be no contact between positions.

-- Chuck

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostEthan, on 30 May 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

okay I just noticed sound this today when doing some external work on my cqr mod 2 but when I turn my selector switch from semi to full auto. right in between the two it makes a weird sound like a squeaky sound or a scratching sound, I'm not 100% what kind of sound it is but is it normal or do I have a problem with my gun?

Are you able to move the selector switch smoothly or does it feel scratchy and a bit tough to change position?  If so you might have a blown bearing under the spur and the ball bearing can get in between the selector plate and the gearbox that can cause such issues.  I would either open it up or send it to KWA for proper inspection.

#4 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

okay I find out it was just the spring on the selector switch. thanks for the help.

Edited by Ethan, 31 May 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Were you missing the spring?

#6 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

no, it was out of place I just had to put it back on and now it's no longer making the sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users