2 replies to this topic

#1 t0futurkeyyyy

t0futurkeyyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hey guys.

Had a question about the inner barrel/hop up. I`ve converted the front end of my kwa 2gx m4 to a shorter setup. This required me to change my inner barrel to a Prometheus 300mm 6.03 tbb.  There was a metal ring that went around my old inner barre and into the hop up. This ring does not fit around the Prometheus barrel . I was wondering what this ring is and if there are other sizes? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by t0futurkeyyyy, 29 May 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postt0futurkeyyyy, on 29 May 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hey guys.

Had a question about the inner barrel/hop up. I`ve converted the front end of my kwa 2gx m4 to a shorter setup. This required me to change my inner barrel to a Prometheus 300mm 6.03 tbb.  There was a metal ring that went around my old inner barre and into the hop up. This ring does not fit around the Prometheus barrel . I was wondering what this ring is and if there are other sizes? Any help is appreciated.
Hi t0futurkeyyyy - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  The brass ring is there to help stabilize the inner barrel inside the hop-up.  I've never measured to see if there are other sizes but a larger one would most likely not fit in the KWA hop-up.  While you should use the ring ideally, if you are not expiriancing a drop in performance I wouldn't be too concerned.

#3 t0futurkeyyyy

t0futurkeyyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome guru. I`m excited to be part of the KWA family.I believe my problem is fixed. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users