#1 Kaptastic

Kaptastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Got it.

Slapped everything in.

Gun works with stock rocket valve. Doesn't work with hurricane one. Maybe i put it in wrong?

I got it in there sitting on the bar, I assume this is the only way it goes in because it's the only way it fits.

Gun won't fully cycle is the main problem. I have two slides, simply switching the outer barrel and hop up assembly to the stock slide with the upgraded spring guide/spring the gun cycles. It kicks pretty hard. But I'm pretty sure I won't see the fps increase that I'd like without the valve working properly.

Ideas? If I can't get it to work I may just mod the rocket valve for a little increase in FPS.

EDIT: It's an ATP, thought that may help.

Edited by Kaptastic, 28 May 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostKaptastic, on 28 May 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Got it.

Slapped everything in.

Gun works with stock rocket valve. Doesn't work with hurricane one. Maybe i put it in wrong?

I got it in there sitting on the bar, I assume this is the only way it goes in because it's the only way it fits.

Gun won't fully cycle is the main problem. I have two slides, simply switching the outter barrel and hop up assembly to the stock slide with the upgraded spring guide/spring the gun cycles. It kicks pretty hard. But I'm pretty sure I won't see the fps increase that I'd like without the valve working properly.

Ideas? If I can't get it to work I may just mod the rocket valve for a little increase in FPS.
Any other changes/modifications done to the gun.  Enhanced hammer spring, etc.?

#3 Kaptastic

Kaptastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

My apologies. It's a Gen1 ATP. Got the whole Hurricane M17 upgrade kit.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostKaptastic, on 28 May 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

My apologies. It's a Gen1 ATP. Got the whole Hurricane M17 upgrade kit.
So you put in the heavy hammer spring?

#5 Kaptastic

Kaptastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

yup, actually just checked it was installed correctly. Amazing how well our brains learn, only took me like 10 tries to get it all back together instead of 40.

It's strange really. It cycles great with the stock valve. I have tried the valve in both slides with the same result. It appears that the new valve touches the stationary piston that holds the o-ring, when the whole assembly is in the rearward (firing) position.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Part of the issue you may be having is, while the kit is designed to increase FPS, the addition of the return spring coupled with the enhanced hammer spring make it more difficult for the slide to cycle ( Heavy hammer spring + heavy return spring = the slide needs to work harder).  This reduces gas efficiency by the way.  This is typically overcome by installing the high flow valve into ALL of your mags. What you may want to consider is adding a TBB to the stock set-up.  This will more than likely give you a boost in FPS with none of the cycling issues of upgraded springs.

Basically, go back to the stock valve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users