2 replies to this topic

#1 theairsoftguy

theairsoftguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi, I need help cleaning my kwa mid cap magazines (k120). I do not know the right way to assemble and dis-assemble it. It is not feeding right and I need to clean it. Please help!

Thanks

#2 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Posttheairsoftguy, on 27 May 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hi, I need help cleaning my kwa mid cap magazines (k120). I do not know the right way to assemble and dis-assemble it. It is not feeding right and I need to clean it. Please help!

Thanks

My KWA midcap never did feed well.  I never use silicone lube...KWA bucking/nub despise it.  I had to stretch my spring out a bit to increase the preload. m Search the internet, there's a vid showing disassembly.

#3 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Stretching the stock spring slightly gave nearly the same result as using a higher "rated" spring.  From multiple failures to feed to one hang-up at ~80 rounds and then magazine left only two unfired rounds in the gun.  Do not overstretch the spring!  It was a pita to reinstall, but now works great.

Do not use silicone oil of any kind.  KWA's use material for the nub that causes softening and is detrimental to the gun's ability to place a backspin on the bb.

Edited by Lammy1000, 03 June 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magazine, km4, gun, confused

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users