6 replies to this topic

#1 Cory117

Cory117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sc village

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey I'm wondering about my sr7 it seems to be very low in fps for example,when I chrono it,it usually gets around 290 when I got it out if the box and now since I have adjusted the fps it is around 320ish with 0.20 so I'm wondering is their a problem with my gun or is it my bbs any info will be great thanks!

#2 Airsoft Fan

Airsoft Fan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), soccer

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

What kind of BBs are you using?*

*Someone was going to ask that so I figured I'd beat them to it :innocent:

Edited by Airsoft Fan, 26 May 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#3 TicTac

TicTac

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT AND MOTOCROSS

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

ya probably the gun

#4 Cory117

Cory117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Do you know what it might be?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostCory117, on 26 May 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Do you know what it might be?
Hi Cory117, there could be a number of reasons you are loosing compression. I have a couple of questions.  How old is your gun and have there been any mods at all to it?

I would start by looking at the bucking to see if it is damaged and needs to be replaced.  Next I would eliminate other compression parts such as the o-ring, nozzle, and cylinder head. If you are comfortable opening the gearbox, I would start by installing, and properly stretching, a #14 Danco o-ring.  From there check the other parts mentioned.

Hope this helps.

#6 Cory117

Cory117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postgcw360, on 27 May 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Hi Cory117, there could be a number of reasons you are loosing compression. I have a couple of questions.  How old is your gun and have there been any mods at all to it?

I would start by looking at the bucking to see if it is damaged and needs to be replaced.  Next I would eliminate other compression parts such as the o-ring, nozzle, and cylinder head. If you are comfortable opening the gearbox, I would start by installing, and properly stretching, a #14 Danco o-ring.  From there check the other parts mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Re:It is about 4 months old and it came like this I thought it was normal until I saw some other videos

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

When was the last time you cleaned your barrel and bucking?  A dirty barrel can result in low and irratic FPS readings.  Also you may want to check and make sure the hopup unit "bounce" back when pushed toward the front of the gun.  If it does not the air nozzle and bucking will not make good airseal that can lead to FPS drops.  And check you bucking for small tears or just try a new bucking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users