#1 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

*sorry for the long post, please read? :D*

Hey guys, been away from here for some time and now "back in the scene".
I had the opportunity to game my LM4 last saturday at the biggest Canadian game ever, in Quebec, yay! :P 351 players came, it was a blast. When I say biggest, it's in sheer player number though :P

So, I must say I had tons of fun shooting the LM4, but this you could figure out yourself if you own one too :P
Only thing is that my stock hopup round broke real quick so I changed it to a guarder one, along with a guarder bucking (asian version with ball bearing). Apparently the notch in which the bearing goes is bigger than my stock bucking so I had no hop at all. .25s dropping at about 40' (surprisingly, I managed to get a few kills regardless :P) So I am planning on converting this all to the EVO II system.

I have a little concern regarding the velocity of my LM4 though, and would like your opinion/advice;

I installed a Ratech NPAS and put the HFT p014 green oring on the nozzle.

First sot at the chrono (without knowing at which setting the npas was initially), it chronod 565fps with .2
After the first adjustement of the npas: 440fps (limit is 400fps over here; and apparently don't care too much about "power creep")

So I put the NPAS to the absolute minimum; Gun was acting weird. Loading BBs, effectively emptyinh the mag shot after shot, but looked like the BBs were getting jammed, or had not enough energy to exit the barrel. But when I was manually pusshing the BBs down the barrel, only one was rolling out (where was the 2-3 others that didn't seem to exit the barrel at all? No clues!)

Anyways, I didn't give it much more thought as others were waiting behind me. So I raised the NPAS just a little bit. Gun was firing fine then. nice. FPS? 400.17fps.... :/ I didn't try playing with the npas a bit more after that to try and see if I  could reduce it a bit more and still be able to shoot...

So at first sight it looks like the minimum I can shoot at is the maximum I'm allowed (and forget CQB, limited at 350fps)...

On top of that, I need a new barrel with the US cut to get the EVOII... and all upgrades are tightbore and will raise my fps even more...

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

#2 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

The FPS I've found has a higher consistency at lower FPS settings. Probably because the valve has less of a chance to jump around and set incorrectly.

One thing I've noticed with the NPAS is that it can sometimes adjust itself and lower the fps on it's own. A remedy I found was to wrap the adjuster with high strength teflon tape. Its prevents the adjustment part from moving due to the pressure and recoil.

With a TBB my gun shot 280fps with .20g and I could've gone lower. I also adjusted it up to 480fps and could've gone higher.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 21 May 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#3 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the advice Akira
I'll keep that in mind, but this doesn't really answer my "question" though:

I find my fps too high even with the npas at its lowest; anyone else have similar results with theirs?

If I want to further reduce my Fps, what could be done?

Thanks again

#4 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Edit: oh an didn't see that last paragraph;

Yeah I was expecting being able to gi as low as ~300 and as high as ~500... But it's more like 4-600 or something...

I just ordered an xcortech 3200... :/

#5 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

If you're looking straight at the front of the NPAS, you're turning it to the left right? (ccw) just making sure. You can adjust it to the point where the adjuster almost closes the port opening.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 21 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#6 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Check that the flute valve is aligned properly, if its off center the adjusting crown nut can't do anything about it and npas acts like its turned up high. I had a problem where if I adjusted the fps to 350 with 0.20g the valve could get stuck in the wrong position in the nozzle and end up shooting 400+. If you check the main npas thread I posted a video of how one guy rectified this issue by adding a pin  into the nozzle inlet to keep the valve from kicking out.

Another option is to get a different valve spring and start trimming for gross adjustments and then turn the npas for fine adjustments. I was able to use a new lm4 jet nozzle spring without and cutting.

As for the Teflon tape that akira suggested I've also done that and it helped keep fps from dropping, i believe the recoil unscrews the adjustment crown nut and there for lowers fps. But it doesn't hurt either if you re fine tuning for consistent fps.

Edited by thatguyx, 21 May 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#7 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Ok thanks I'll have a look at that
Didn't see that other "npas thread" (I think, maybe I overlooked), I'll search for it

Thanks again for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users