#1 Comissar

Comissar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hello interweb!
today i ordered my first nice AEG (SR-10), and i have no idea what to do with it.  I previously have been gas exclusive, but no longer.  I need to know EVERYTHING to do to maintain an AEG, from the obvious to the obscure and what I need to do so.  Thanks, I don't want to screw up my gun too fast...although I do love KWA tech support, I would like to never talk to them.

(have some Karma: +1 to you)

Edited by Comissar, 19 May 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#2 TicTac

TicTac

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT AND MOTOCROSS

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

have a tech shim and relube it if you dont know how to do so and also have em correct the Angle of engagement

#3 nbv386

nbv386

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Also kwas come from the factory just fine. It's just really just keep the barrel and hop up clean. Unless you want to upgrade it but if you also the the upgrades the guy above me said it will significantly increase the life span of your gun.

My recommendation is if you don't think you can do it give it to a tech you can trust otherwise don't do anything.

One more thought there is a 3000-5000 round break In period and after that you will need to clean your bucking( check one of the pinned posts above). But during this time you won't get much range out of the gun IMO.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostComissar, on 19 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hello interweb!
today i ordered my first nice AEG (SR-10), and i have no idea what to do with it.  I previously have been gas exclusive, but no longer.  I need to know EVERYTHING to do to maintain an AEG, from the obvious to the obscure and what I need to do so.  Thanks, I don't want to screw up my gun too fast...although I do love KWA tech support, I would like to never talk to them.

(have some Karma: +1 to you)

I HIGHLY recommend that you read all the threads pertaining to "maintenance" aspect of an AEG.  There's a ton of info on the subject on the KWA forums.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 21 May 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I HIGHLY recommend that you read all the threads pertaining to "maintenance" aspect of an AEG.  There's a ton of info on the subject on the KWA forums.
Ditto Niko's comment.  Here's a brief list to get you started:
  • Read your owners manual too
  • Don't crack open the gearbox, it voids the warranty
  • The gun his factory shimmed and in most cases fine
  • Don't start messing with AOE.  It too is properly adjusted for the factory spec of the gun
  • Use an in spec 11.1V lipo (15C) or other suitable battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users