• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

My SR10's hop-up has a unique issue.  At full hop-up the bb's were not curving upwards, although the protrusions in the barrel moved appropriately.  I took the hop-up apart with the aid of the thread on this forum - thanks.  I cleaned every part and reinstalled, all the time checking the nubs that protrude into the barrel which always worked correctly.  Now the range is a bit better, but I never get the bb to curve upwards and at full hop-up the bb curves downward until I back off the hop-up a bit.

Edited by Lammy1000, 17 May 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostLammy1000, on 17 May 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

My SR10's hop-up has a unique issue.  At full hop-up the bb's were not curving upwards, although the protrusions in the barrel moved appropriately.  I took the hop-up apart with the aid of the thread on this forum - thanks.  I cleaned every part and reinstalled, all the time checking the nubs that protrude into the barrel which always worked correctly.  Now the range is a bit better, but I never get the bb to curve upwards and at full hop-up the bb curves downward until I back off the hop-up a bit.
Try swabbing the bucking protrusions with a Q-Tip.  If you get any dirt or geese out that my be your problem.  Also, I would reinforce the nub by taking a small amount of wire cut to the same length as the nub and placing it inside the hole in the nub.  This will make the nub firmer and give you more hop.  Many people claim the KWA G2 bucking is weak, it's the nub IMO and I have yet to find one that I couldn't over hop .30 gr BB's with.

#3 Turnerjohn1

Turnerjohn1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is interesting, as I have been shooting my brand new sr10 for the first time the last two days, and I have noticed that the hop up seems to have little effect. I am also using the recommended .25 g bb's.

#4 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I have now tried using .3 g bb's and they are a bit more accurate, but had no effect on the hop-up.  This is driving me nuts that on full hop up the bb's drop, just like the hop up at full off.  Middle of the adjustment works well, but the bb's never curve upward.  I will try putting a piece of wire in the nub and report back.

#5 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have submitted a ticket to KWA and really hope they will resolve this so I can buy more KWA products.  SR10 is only 2 weeks old with <2600 rounds.

Lou

Edited by Lammy1000, 20 May 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#6 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Problem resolved.  I ditched the stock KWA nub and installed the Firefly nub.  I used the stock bucking after removing the groove and the 4 “fingers”.  I need more shooting time, but seems to work great.
Also, I tried putting a small piece of 20 ga. wire in the stock nub and that was also a great improvement (Thanks Guru).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users