2 replies to this topic

#1 taaltrek

taaltrek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I blew a bearing in my KWA gearbox after about 80,000 rounds (really not to shabby all things considered). I have two questions

1- Should I replace all the bearings in the gearbox (I checked the proshop and it's $24 for 6 9mm bearings)? Only 2 blew out
2 - Should I replace my piston with a stock kwa or something else?

I'm just planning to continue to run the gun with a stock spring, 11.1 lipo, and tightbore barrel (I'm limited to 400 fps in texas). I do plan to shim the gears and AOE.

#2 TicTac

TicTac

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT AND MOTOCROSS

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

i can do it for you i live in DFW And im a Tech

Edited by TicTac, 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

My personal opinion is that I would replace all the bearings.  There is no telling if the others failing caused undue stress on the remaining ones.  Most KWAs requires very little shimming but it's always a good idea to check things out.  Regarding pistons, I have used a number of types and if you are going to stay stock, KWA pistons work well.  But now is your chance to try some new ones out and mix things up a bit.  If you do stay OEM, you should not need an AOE adjustment.  An after market may prove otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users