3 replies to this topic

#1 jdl

jdl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hello,   I have a KMP9 and sometimes it will not fire.   In semi, sometimes it works, other times it will not fire until I pull the handle again.    Also, full auto just stops at random spots.   This issue is also described in http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4080  and someone mentioned this in that thread....

We may have found the culprit.  The entire motion is connected to the bolt so it seems like the bolt is caught on the catch and stopping it go forward.  However, after close examination looks like Part #162 a spring that holding on to the part #153 disconnect is a tad bit too strong and pulling the disconnect back.  If it's not fully forward, it will not release the hammer to fire.  We have modified the spring and fire the gun at least 3000 rounds (and counting) with air compressor adapter.  So far the problem guns hasn't comeback.  We'll continue to keep you guys posted.
   Anyone have any other details about this spring and what was done to it?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postjdl, on 11 May 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hello,   I have a KMP9 and sometimes it will not fire.   In semi, sometimes it works, other times it will not fire until I pull the handle again. Also, full auto just stops at random spots.   This issue is also described in http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4080  and someone mentioned this in that thread....
   Anyone have any other details about this spring and what was done to it?
Yes, I had the same problem and have fixed on mine and several other guns too.  Find #162, take a flat head screw driver and insert it between 2 coils of the spring and gentle twist to stretch the spring sprightly (approx 1/16-1/8").  Only do this a little bit.  If you go too far you will need a new spring.  Once you have stretched the spring test the gun.  That should fix it in most cases.

Let us know if that works.

Hope this helps.

#3 jdl

jdl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 May 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yes, I had the same problem and have fixed on mine and several other guns too.  Find #162, take a flat head screw driver and insert it between 2 coils of the spring and gentle twist to stretch the spring sprightly (approx 1/16-1/8").  Only do this a little bit.  If you go too far you will need a new spring.  Once you have stretched the spring test the gun.  That should fix it in most cases.

Let us know if that works.

Hope this helps.
Perfect, I think I fixed it by stretching the spring.    Of course I am not sure if I stretched it too far, but for now everything is working.   Thanks.   For anyone else with this issue, it is very easy to do.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Postjdl, on 11 May 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Perfect, I think I fixed it by stretching the spring. Of course I am not sure if I stretched it too far, but for now everything is working.   Thanks.   For anyone else with this issue, it is very easy to do.
Trust me, you would know if it was stretched too far.  I'm glad it's working and that the fix was easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users