• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

I just received this rifle and really like its quality.  The only thing that concerns me is that the rear sight is adjusted full right and nearly full up at a sight-in distance of 50'.  I have not worked on the gun, only making adjustments to hop-up.  Gun has ~250 rounds through it.  Please advise.

Update:  The handguard and the top rail are not in alignment.  The handguard is canted to the right and may explain the rounds going left.  Please let me know how to manipulate the handguard...I can't tell how to loosen and will not risk damage.  Thanks.

Edited by Lammy1000, 10 May 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#2 FearedSaint

FearedSaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Contact Kwa, send it in if you still have your warranty

Edited by FearedSaint, 14 May 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#3 TicTac

TicTac

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT AND MOTOCROSS

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

dude its just a bucking that was placed slightly left

#4 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

make sure the bucking and inner barrel are clean and installed correctly

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostTicTac, on 15 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

dude its just a bucking that was placed slightly left
Agreed, the bucking is not properly aligned vs the barrel...one other thought is the nub may be coming down at an angle.  This can happen if it slightly too long or otherwise misaligned.

#6 Lammy1000

Lammy1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

It's the external handguard and the top rail that are not in alignment.  I f you use a straight edge and place it flush on the side of the handguard top rail it does not line up w/the receiver top rail.  Is the barrel nut moveable in a radial direction to align these?  The handguard needs to be twisted right like you are tightening it, but I don't want to damage the gun.  Otherwise, awesome rifle with surprising good accuracy for a round projectile...I come from long range airgun world.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostLammy1000, on 16 May 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's the external handguard and the top rail that are not in alignment.  I f you use a straight edge and place it flush on the side of the handguard top rail it does not line up w/the receiver top rail.  Is the barrel nut moveable in a radial direction to align these?  The handguard needs to be twisted right like you are tightening it, but I don't want to damage the gun.  Otherwise, awesome rifle with surprising good accuracy for a round projectile...I come from long range airgun world.
See video in the first post in this thread: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=1533

A twisted rail is a simple fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users