3 replies to this topic

#1 Jsess

Jsess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hello,

I recently ordered an HK45 and received it just this week. I don't even have the green gas to shoot the thing yet and haven't fired a single round through it. The stuff I need is supposed to arrive tomorrow and now I'm completely pooped due to what's happened.

I've "played with" it a bit - just loaded mags and racked the slide around and stuff, nothing horseplay-ish, and I just broke it down this morning and cleaned it. NOTHING has happened to indicate that it's anything but quality.

But just tonight I racked it again and the slide caught JUST short of the normal slide stop. I messed with it some and figured out that if I pushed down a bit on the hammer, the slide would release and sit at its normal position. It was not doing anything like this before. I figured I would disassemble and try to diagnose the problem, and that's when I found the next issue.

I've removed the pin and pushed the slide forward to disassemble....and the slide won't move past flush with the barrel. It literally won't come off the gun. I've tried applying a little bit of force with no luck, and I don't want to break it. I've tried coming one way and then back with no luck. I literally cannot disassemble to fix the issue.

I HAVE removed the orange tip, which apparently voids the warranty. This is my first GBB and major airsoft purchase besides my old Echo E90 AEG, and I hadn't even thought that removing the orange tip would be a problem considering how commonplace the practice was and the fact that its primary purpose is for transport anyways. I haven't done anything funky with it and have had it less than a week with not a single shot through it. I am sorely disappointed and could -really- use some help.

Now I'm out a warranty on a $160 paperweight that hasn't put -one round- through it and hasn't been mistreated in any way. I feel like complete crap about KWA and their quality right now :(

Thank you so much Dx

EDIT: If it helps, just after I thumb the hammer down to return slide forward (flush with the barrel), the guide rod sticks out about a third of an inch. I can poke it back in with my thumb and it clicks back in place. This is entirely reproducible about 50% of the time.

Edited by Jsess, 09 May 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#2 Jsess

Jsess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

I called KWA today and explained the situation, and the agent told me that they could help anyways. Happy that they didn't ignore this case just because of the orange tip :S

/KWAFAITHRESTORED

If possible, could someone please delete the thread?

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Actually, let's let it stand.  Once you have a resolution, please post it.  My guess is that the guide rod is not properly seated, but that's just a guess.

#4 Jsess

Jsess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postgcw360, on 10 May 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Actually, let's let it stand.  Once you have a resolution, please post it.  My guess is that the guide rod is not properly seated, but that's just a guess.

Alright, gotcha. I'll post back here when it's resolved. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users