• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 metalclash

metalclash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hello, so while doing my routine cleaning of my gearbox, I inspected all parts.  Everything was good.  I switched the gold motor contacts after cleaning them with eachother, but other than that I put it back together the same.  I noticed semi didn't work, and it was all full auto and I found that my cut off lever is missing the spring somehow :/.  I hope I can find it, if not i'll order it and hopefully it will be here by next friday.

However, the rate of fire was insane.  I've been using the same intellect 9.6v 3800 mah battery, but the spike was at least 5rps.  It destroyed a tooth on the piston, but the piston was still able to be used (i already ordered a new one before this luckily).  The cylinder sorbo pad even came off... So can anyone tell me why there was such a large RoF spike, because that's obviously what blew the piston

Attached File  IMAG0378.jpg   39.79K   15 downloads

This little nub i noticed fell off the gearbox when reassembling, i put the air nozzle there as a size reference.  

I am just baffled as to why my rate of fire increased so much, and how the piston was able to get a tooth stripped off.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

The missing spring that goes between the selector plate and cut off lever explains the gun shooting only full auto.
The increased rof could be from a number of things but I would first check to make sure you don't have a pinched or stripped wiring anywhere.
The increased rof would certainly explain the stripped tooth on the piston which is pre- engagement where the piston due to its weight can't keep up with the cyclic rate of the gears.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

That little "nub" appears to be part of the cut-off leaver which would explain the lose of the spring and the full auto firing.  You will need to replace the cut-off leaver as a result of the nub breaking off.

#4 metalclash

metalclash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

UPDATE:

It seems the Rate of Fire is normal, I guess over time the Rate of Fire dimmed due to dirty motor contacts.  I was used to it firing slower so I guess I just forgot what it used to fire!

The piston a tooth in the middle chipped off, however it will still work in the meantime for testing purposes.  I assume it broke because I just checked compression, and the vacuum created due to me blocking the air nozzle with my finger to simulate a BB added enough stress on the piston for it to break on the pull.  Maybe, I could be completely wrong.  I bought a ported piston head and now there is no more issues at all!

The cut off lever however, I need to buy a new one.  Semi still works sometimes (I guess when the cut off vibrates itself back into place).

EDIT:
Also, what specifically would I need to order to replace the cut off lever spring? I see the selector plate and trigger assembly but do not see the screw i need.

Edited by metalclash, 09 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

You shouldn't need anything other than the spring #78 and the cut-off leaver #64. The screw that holds on the old lever should be used for the new one.

#6 metalclash

metalclash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postgcw360, on 09 May 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

You shouldn't need anything other than the spring #78 and the cut-off leaver #64. The screw that holds on the old lever should be used for the new one.

Bingo! I just called (8:28 EST here, just made my call in on time) Unfortunately, the rep on the phone said those two parts are currently out of stock.  He was extremely polite, and said to check back early next week.  I'm very surprised that out of all the parts in my gun, the cut off lever decided to go.  I've been searching frantically for the spring but it seems to be gone.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postmetalclash, on 09 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Bingo! I just called (8:28 EST here, just made my call in on time) Unfortunately, the rep on the phone said those two parts are currently out of stock.  He was extremely polite, and said to check back early next week.  I'm very surprised that out of all the parts in my gun, the cut off lever decided to go.  I've been searching frantically for the spring but it seems to be gone.
Well the good news is that just about any selector plate spring for a V2 should work.  I've only ever used KWA cut-off levers so I would stick with OEM there just to be on the safe side.

#8 metalclash

metalclash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Well, I bought a cut off lever from Evike.  It's the Guarder one, and luckily I found the spring! It fits in fine and works fine, so I can confirm that if a cut off lever breaks for a 2gx a Guarder Cut Off Lever can be used if a KWA one cannot be found.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Great news.  Thank you!  Please lost on the Compatibility thread too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users