Jump to content


Leaking Magazines


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

I have 4 of them for my USP 45 and all of the leak from the main base.  I've taken them apart and none of the base seals are damaged.  I wrapped the base with teflon tape and while it slowed the leaks they are still there.  I'm hesitant about just buying more base seals if that isn't going to fix the problem.  Any additional suggestions that I can try that will stop the leaking.

Just so you know that the leaks are from the base and not the fill-valve.  I did a soap & water test on the base and all the bulbs come from around the base.  The valves are are perfects.  I love the pistol and its been rock solid but my mags have been nothing but problems.

Edited by Bullfrog, 25 June 2008 - 07:15 PM.


#2 lpesce

lpesce

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

View PostBullfrog, on Jun 25 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

I have 4 of them for my USP 45 and all of the leak from the main base.  I've taken them apart and none of the base seals are damaged.  I wrapped the base with teflon tape and while it slowed the leaks they are still there.  I'm hesitant about just buying more base seals if that isn't going to fix the problem.  Any additional suggestions that I can try that will stop the leaking.

Just so you know that the leaks are from the base and not the fill-valve.  I did a soap & water test on the base and all the bulbs come from around the base.  The valves are are perfects.  I love the pistol and its been rock solid but my mags have been nothing but problems.

Bullfrog, have you talked to the store were you bought the mags? did they say anything? I am considering getting a KP45 tomorrow from AEX (as they are having a store sale 10% for the 4th holiday), and this news is not good news to me.

I do have the KP8 and have no issues, but they are different mags.
Leo

#3 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

View PostBullfrog, on Jun 25 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

I have 4 of them for my USP 45 and all of the leak from the main base.  I've taken them apart and none of the base seals are damaged.  I wrapped the base with teflon tape and while it slowed the leaks they are still there.  I'm hesitant about just buying more base seals if that isn't going to fix the problem.  Any additional suggestions that I can try that will stop the leaking.

Just so you know that the leaks are from the base and not the fill-valve.  I did a soap & water test on the base and all the bulbs come from around the base.  The valves are are perfects.  I love the pistol and its been rock solid but my mags have been nothing but problems.

Unfortunately, changing/renewing the base seal is the only method we recommend.  There are other creative alternatives, but they will only be temporary.

#4 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

View PostRadix, on Jul 3 2008, 11:06 AM, said:

Unfortunately, changing/renewing the base seal is the only method we recommend.  There are other creative alternatives, but they will only be temporary.

Thanks for the reply -- it's kind of what I figured since I've already tried many of the creative alternatives.  Such is life...

#5 Asuna

Asuna

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:NOYB

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostBullfrog, on 04 July 2008 - 01:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply -- it's kind of what I figured since I've already tried many of the creative alternatives.  Such is life...
I had this issue too.....I took the main base off took the seal off...and wrapped the par where the seal goes in Teflon tape, put the rubber seal back on, and viola, my leak stopped




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users