• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jiffk

Jiffk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi thought I'd sign up to forums as I have a problem with my m11a1.

Basically as per the title. When the mag is empty the my m11 usually dry fires. If I fire a few rounds in semi it usually changes its mind and the bolt locks forward.

Any ideas?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi Jiffk - Welcome to the KWA Forums!  Just to clarify, the bolt locks forward and not in the open bolt position after dry firing?

#3 Jiffk

Jiffk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

No so when the mag is empty the gun continues to fire (dry) and doesn't lock forward.

I've stripped the gun down and one of the cylinder return springs is damaged and also 2 of the breech base screwed are missing. I can't see anything else wrong

Do kwa parts store ship to the uk?

I can't find anyone in the uk that supplies kwa parts just guns and mags.

If I did place an order are there any other parts that are worth getting as spares for the future?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

KWA will ship internationally so long as you pay over the phone.  I would order a spare cylinder, but have a look at the piston head color.  It will determine the appropriate cylinder size and while I can't say for sure if the M11A1 has had multiple cylinders, some of the models e.g., the MP9, have.  I highly recommend that you have that conversation with a tech.  Also, if they can't match the cylinder size you have, you can simply buy the appropriate cylinder head ti match the new cylinder.

FYI:
  • Green cylinder head = 15m cylinder
  • Orange cylinder head = 14mm cylinder
Also, if your bolt isn't locking back the BB follower may be damaged.  It's something else to consider.

Hope this helps.

#5 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi,
   I had this same problem about 8 to 10 months ago.
   Not knowing how to work on my own gun at the time I sent it in to KWA.
   They replaced my #4 Cylinder. The nub on the bottom that pushes the BB out of the magazine was very worn.
   It should be square and blunt.
   They also replaced the #134 Magazine Lip on my magazine.
   Since then I have not had this happen again, at all.
   I always keep at least 3-#83 Cylinder Return Springs in my supplies. I check them often.
   Also since I have learned how to work on my gun I have noticed that the #95,96 and 97 screws do not stay tight. I check them often too.
Hope this helps.

#6 Jiffk

Jiffk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Brilliant thanks for the help. I don't think it's the mag lip as It happens with both my mags but ill look at getting a spare as I was thinking of getting a second m11 to dual wield ;)

Is it the cylinder that can be damaged from inserting the mag without cocking it first?

#7 Jiffk

Jiffk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ok a bit of google says the loading muzzle would be damaged if mag inserted without pulling the bolt back, is this the end of the cylinder?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostJiffk, on 30 April 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ok a bit of google says the loading muzzle would be damaged if mag inserted without pulling the bolt back, is this the end of the cylinder?
Yes, the cylinder can be damaged if the mag is inserted without the bolt locked back,  Damage can be to the loading nozzle or the cylinder body itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users