Jump to content


GBB mags: new version AGAIN?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sdk1968

sdk1968

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in the styx!
  • Interests:weaponsguild.com
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

hey for all you staff guys....

is that true?    a local KWA vendor said at a shoot this weekend that he didnt have mags, extra mags or anything else because you guys were making ANOTHER CHANGE in the type of mags & how they fed along with some type of adjustment control for the mag release?

whats fact & whats fiction?

thought the NS2 was supposed to be the real deal for a long time....  

got anything you can share with us?

#2 General Pickle

General Pickle

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon
  • Interests:tactical stuffs(airsoft, real steel, knives etc.), mechanical and manufacturing engineering, computers, gaming, the great outdoors
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Which replica's mags did you ask for? Some of the replicas are having a redesign or are having changes in copyright ownership, so things are understandably a little rocky at the moment. The MK 1911's just received an overhaul, given them double stacked 21 round mags instead of the 14 round mags. As far as we know there's no other system changes besides NS2 and FV.

#3 sdk1968

sdk1968

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in the styx!
  • Interests:weaponsguild.com
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Actually yes it was for a 1911.

So its only for 1911's?



#4 General Pickle

General Pickle

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon
  • Interests:tactical stuffs(airsoft, real steel, knives etc.), mechanical and manufacturing engineering, computers, gaming, the great outdoors
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

As far as I am aware, yes. The gas system is the same, they simply changed the size of the BB tube so it could accommodate a double stack orientation, giving people more ammo. This also means that the gun will need a new mag release and slide stop, but what's nice is when you buy the new mags they come with the new parts so there's no problem. One down side is that the new slide stop and mag catch won't work with the old mags since some dimensions are now different, but people are looking into finding a way to make the old mags work too.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postsdk1968, on 22 April 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Actually yes it was for a 1911.

So its only for 1911's?
The only change that I am aware of is the new double stack 1911 MK mags. These were created in response to many people wanting greater capacity.  If you want to use them in the old model gun you will need to change out the mag release and slide catch (these parts will be included with the new DS mag).  Note: the single stacks can still be used in a modified/new 1911 MK by swapping out the old feed lips for the new ones found on the double stack.  The unknown question at this point is how best to make these feed lips available.  This is being looked at and more information will come.

New 1911 MKs will come with the double stack mag and slide/mag release modifications incorporated into the gun.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostGeneral Pickle, on 22 April 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

As far as I am aware, yes. The gas system is the same, they simply changed the size of the BB tube so it could accommodate a double stack orientation, giving people more ammo. This also means that the gun will need a new mag release and slide stop, but what's nice is when you buy the new mags they come with the new parts so there's no problem. One down side is that the new slide stop and mag catch won't work with the old mags since some dimensions are now different, but people are looking into finding a way to make the old mags work too.
The old mags can be made to work with the enhanced MK1911's by swapping out the old mag feed lips for the new ones found on the double stack mags.

Moving to appropriate section.

#7 General Pickle

General Pickle

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon
  • Interests:tactical stuffs(airsoft, real steel, knives etc.), mechanical and manufacturing engineering, computers, gaming, the great outdoors
  • Country:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postgcw360, on 22 April 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

The old mags can be made to work with the enhanced MK1911's by swapping out the old mag feed lips for the new ones found on the double stack mags.

Moving to appropriate section.
Sweet, thanks for confirming that!

#8 tales

tales

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn NY
  • Interests:Fishing, RC cars, Building Motion Picture sets
  • Country:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

My 14 round Mag works with the 21 round upgrade. Without any Mods to the old Mag.

Edited by tales, 12 May 2013 - 10:32 AM.


#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Posttales, on 12 May 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

My 14 round Mag works with the 21 round upgrade. Without any Mods to the old Mag.
Awesome.  Thanks for posting. Did you have a questions?  BTW, I love YES!  I've seen them live twice ...

#10 tales

tales

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn NY
  • Interests:Fishing, RC cars, Building Motion Picture sets
  • Country:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

gcw360, I wanted to see if the 14 round will work, as i was told it won't.
I only have one 14 rd it works fine.
I might buy another 21 rd.

I see you live in NJ, Im in Brooklyn The 1st time i seen yes was in 1976 Roosevelt stadium Jersey City.
And i have tix for the 3 album tour this July. Yet another cover singer :(

#11 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Posttales, on 13 May 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

gcw360, I wanted to see if the 14 round will work, as i was told it won't.
I only have one 14 rd it works fine.
I might buy another 21 rd.

I see you live in NJ, Im in Brooklyn The 1st time i seen yes was in 1976 Roosevelt stadium Jersey City.
And i have tix for the 3 album tour this July. Yet another cover singer :(
The 14 rounders had been tested and, from what I've been told, needed the 21 round feed lips to work properly.  I'm sure more info is coming regarding this issue.  Regardless, if they work for you that's all that matters.

Regarding Brooklyn, let me know if you ever get over the Hudson to play....there are some good fields out this way.

Now, regarding yes....for me it was late 70's....The lineup was: Anderson, Howe, Squire, White and Wakeman....they were awesome concerts!  One was done on a round stage that rotated occasionally throughout the concert....Very cool!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users