• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oxide

Oxide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

I have a front-wired KM4A1 with a standard plastic handguard. On my field, mobility and gun control are a must, so a foregrip would enhance my play a lot. The obvious trouble is that I have no rails to mount a foregrip on. All the RIS conversion kits I've found are for rear-wired guns, as the battery won't fit in them once they're on. I have considered buying rails and gluing them onto the gun, but I don't want to drop $50 on good rails only to have some kind of flaw in my idea.

If anyone's converted a front-wired gun to RIS, or added rails to a front-wired gun, please let me know what you did!

Thanks!

#2 nick42294

nick42294

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you can buy an under-slung rail meant for standard M4 handguards. Like this:

http://www.evike.com...a419c1017ee5d3c

I know KWA products are incompatible with many aftermarket upgrades, but I don't see why their handguard wouldn't be a normal M4 one.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostOxide, on 20 April 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

I have a front-wired KM4A1 with a standard plastic handguard. On my field, mobility and gun control are a must, so a foregrip would enhance my play a lot. The obvious trouble is that I have no rails to mount a foregrip on. All the RIS conversion kits I've found are for rear-wired guns, as the battery won't fit in them once they're on. I have considered buying rails and gluing them onto the gun, but I don't want to drop $50 on good rails only to have some kind of flaw in my idea.

If anyone's converted a front-wired gun to RIS, or added rails to a front-wired gun, please let me know what you did!

Thanks!
Hi Oxide, welcome to the KWA Forums.  There are lots of options for you.  The simplest is to add this: http://www.amazon.co...6Q&linkCode=asn

It's cheap and beveled to accommodate the slope of the hand guard.  And is very easy to install without modification.

Another option is this: http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B004NKQLO2

Quite a few people have used these Magpul hand guards.  Just make sure you buy the airsoft version or you will need to pull out the heat shields inside the real ones.

You could get a RIS and add a PEQ if you like the look.  Or do what I did and add a real steel 2pc hand guard.  This is more costly and did require some simple mods.  My KM4A1 on top with a KM4 RIS for comparison.  The front rail is made buy YHM and I use a 3pc 11.1 LiPo which does indeed fit.

Posted Image

Hope this helps.

#4 jdinvt

jdinvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I had bought a kwa m4 ris and I also have a real ar15 that I wanted to put a ris on so I swapped them and they bith fit perfect. Sorry,I know I did the oposite of what your asking but I had to chime in on this one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m4, km4, km4a1, rails, rail, ris, help, modification, modifications, upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users