• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frankie9011

Frankie9011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hey, new to the forum, but have been an avid KWA fan for awhile and just recently bought a HK USP45 2 days ago. Everything about the gun is great, shoots perfect, feels great etc etc. However I just have one issue with it and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be working like this so I just need some clarification. In order to put the gun on safety, I either have to pull the hammer back or cock the slide. Is this normal? The safety works when the gun is cocked and the decocking function also works. Thanks guys

Edited by Frankie9011, 19 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hi Frankie - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  What you are desribing is the normal function of the KWA HK45.  Hope this helps.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

... and different from the actual HK USP which can engage the safety with the pistol decocked (although why anyone would want do that is a mystery).  The HK45 and HK USP45 are different pistols but function the same and use the same magazines.  Pretty sure the KWA model is the USP version..

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 20 April 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#4 Frankie9011

Frankie9011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the quick responses guys. Also good to know that I can buy HK45 mags for my USP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users