• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kwa_jordan

kwa_jordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hey KWA community, I was just wondering if you guys can help me out. So I have this issue with my KMP9 Upper receiver. The back part of it seems to be loose. Whenever I disassemble the gun and re-attach the upper receiver, it isn't loose. As soon as I screw in the front screw to hold down the whole receiver, the back portion becomes loose. Also when I pull the charging handle, the back portion of the receiver creates a bigger gap. The gun still fires but this gap worries me. Can anyone help me by giving me any suggestion on how to fix this problem?
Attached File  securedownload.jpeg   128.41K   15 downloads

Attached File  securedownload-1.jpeg   133.46K   28 downloads
]Attached File  securedownload-2.jpeg   114.09K   16 downloads

Edited by kwa_jordan, 18 April 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postkwa_jordan, on 18 April 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey KWA community, I was just wondering if you guys can help me out. So I have this issue with my KMP9 Upper receiver. The back part of it seems to be loose. Whenever I disassemble the gun and re-attach the upper receiver, it isn't loose. As soon as I screw in the front screw to hold down the whole receiver, the back portion becomes loose. Also when I pull the charging handle, the back portion of the receiver creates a bigger gap. The gun still fires but this gap worries me. Can anyone help me by giving me any suggestion on how to fix this problem?
Attachment securedownload.jpeg

Attached File  securedownload-1.jpeg   133.46K   28 downloads
]Attachment securedownload-2.jpeg
Hi Jordan - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  It looks to me as if the upper is simply not seated all the way.  Does the rod that secures the upper "snap" into place if you push down on the top of the receiver?  Once in place I think the issue would resolve.  Does it?

#3 kwa_jordan

kwa_jordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

The rod seems to not snap into place. Whenever I push down on the upper receiver, it seems that the rod moves also. How could I resolve this?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

View Postkwa_jordan, on 20 April 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

The rod seems to not snap into place. Whenever I push down on the upper receiver, it seems that the rod moves also. How could I resolve this?
Take off the top and see what, if anything, may be preventing the rod from properly seating.  If it's not snapping into place something is preventing it from doing so.  You need to find that something.
  • Is the rod bent or damaged?
  • Is the receiver damaged?
  • Is the part where the rod seats within the gun bent, loose, or otherwise damaged?

#5 kwa_jordan

kwa_jordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

The gun is fairly brand new, never skirmished before. I was following a video online for a field strip so I can install a low power bolt. After the installation it seemed that the receiver just didn't fit. Even after replacing it back to the stock bolt, it still had that gap in the back of the upper receiver.

#6 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I've got the same issue, I think. In short, the guide rod hangs up on the slightly wider portion circled here. As of yet I haven't figured out a way to fix it, and I get pretty tired of poking at it quickly.

Posted Image

#7 Chavez

Chavez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Same problem here, I tried to get it photographed well enough.
The problem pretty much is that diameter1 is very very slightly bigger than diameter2 (see 1st graphic)
which results in creating gap1+2 (see 2nd graphic):

Attached File  20130427_155022.jpg   136.46K   15 downloads

Attached File  20130427_155156.jpg   103.58K   17 downloads

there for the rod in the spring doesnt get hooked in correctly and you can accidently pull the upper receiver.

but the even BIGGER problem that comes with this is that since gap1 prevents the bolt from reaching the soft black ruber buffer. the rod gets all the force and slaps unresisted against the bolt everytime u pull charging handle or fire a round/blowback.

i guess that is anything else than material friendly!!!

check it out how it looks like on ur model, i have two where its exactly the same error.

PS: SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M GERMAN :P

#8 Chavez

Chavez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Conclusion:

I guess the only way to fix this is to dremel diameter2 slightly to reach the width of diameter1 (of the rod)
correct?

#9 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I was thinking about that, but I'd really rather not, I've got no idea what the rod is made of. I was thinking maybe if you just bevel the edge of diameter 1 down somewhat it'd slide into place. Anyone else have any ideas?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

If you lift the end of the spring guide slightly (seen on the right side of picture #2 above) it will lock in place.  From there you can put on the top of the receiver and lock it in place.  I just recreated your issue with mine and resolved it as I just described.

Hope this works for you!

#11 Chavez

Chavez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

DONE:
Ive just been sanding the rod itself and the hole where its going in both very slightly. Its enough and now it fits like a glove and the uppet receiver is rock solid! Yay!

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Happy to hear it's resolved

#13 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostChavez, on 28 April 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

DONE:
Ive just been sanding the rod itself and the hole where its going in both very slightly. Its enough and now it fits like a glove and the uppet receiver is rock solid! Yay!

Ah, that's kind of what I was thinking looking at it last night. Bevel the wider section slightly, and open up the hole at the back of the receiver a bit and it should work. Have to get at that sometime...

#14 kwa_jordan

kwa_jordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

So can you explain to me which parts you sanded. Sorry I didn't really get what you meant sorta didn't understand sorry. Also, is it possible if you can show a picture of which parts you sanded?

#15 kwa_jordan

kwa_jordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

YES!!!! Nvm, didn't have to sand anything. @gcw I just kept fiddling with the rod and it eventually popped back into place! Now the upper receiver is nice and snug.

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postkwa_jordan, on 06 May 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

YES!!!! Nvm, didn't have to sand anything. @gcw I just kept fiddling with the rod and it eventually popped back into place! Now the upper receiver is nice and snug.
It can be tricky, but believe me a mod shouldn't be needed.  I'm glad it all worked out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, kmp9, mp9, loose, upper, receiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users