Sr10 motor aeg upgrades help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hoboassassin39

hoboassassin39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Fine dining, expensive things, video games beautiful women.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ok, so my SR10 wasn't shooting too hot maybe around 210fps max, so I opened the gearbox and all the internal parts seemed fine, besides needing to replace the piston head o-ring and a shim job. I put it back together with the upgrades and still shot up too 280 max with .2bb's and a fully charged 9.6 1600 battery. I think this is the motors fault since the other internal parts were good. If I do get a new motor I was thinking the G&P M170 Devil Jet, or Matrix Magnum, possibly the stock motor but they're out of stock and I don't want another fail. I'm new to serious tech work so I'd love anyone's opinion. Thanks (sorry if this post had a few flaws its my first one)

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hey Hoboassassin39

You lower than normal FPS is definitely NOT a motor issue.  I would recommend rechecking your cylinder to piston head compression.  Make sure you have lubed the O-ring and the inner wall of the cylinder correctly.  Another area to check is that maybe you left the spring compressed for a long period of time and it simply needs replacing.  I would also check your barrel, hop up and bucking and make sure they are in working order.  Sometimes bucking can tear that can also result in poor FPS.  Check and let me know.

#3 airforceloner1

airforceloner1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 19 April 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

Hey Hoboassassin39

You lower than normal FPS is definitely NOT a motor issue.  I would recommend rechecking your cylinder to piston head compression.  Make sure you have lubed the O-ring and the inner wall of the cylinder correctly.  Another area to check is that maybe you left the spring compressed for a long period of time and it simply needs replacing.  I would also check your barrel, hop up and bucking and make sure they are in working order.  Sometimes bucking can tear that can also result in poor FPS.  Check and let me know.
this guy is right its like blaming the engine in a car for the steering wheel to not fully turn the car. id change to a aluminum ported piston head and replace your hopup bucking because my km4 did the same thing except it was shooting about 220fps because of the different spring but it was the piston head and the hopup bucking that was causing the problem. I replaced it with the stock bucking from kwa and a g&g ported piston head. problem solved.

#4 hoboassassin39

hoboassassin39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Fine dining, expensive things, video games beautiful women.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

thanks for the haste reply, I will defiantly look at the piston head, I was thinking angel custom guardian bucking would be really good I will update with my results

#5 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Your motor is not the reason for the low fps, it would be your compression or a bad spring most likely.
But check out the Lonex A1 or A2 motors if you do want a new one still. I love those motors.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postmuffinman1604, on 22 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Your motor is not the reason for the low fps, it would be your compression or a bad spring most likely.
But check out the Lonex A1 or A2 motors if you do want a new one still. I love those motors.

Lonex A2 and A1 motors are awesome and I give it the STAMP of approval! LOL

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 23 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Lonex A2 and A1 motors are awesome and I give it the STAMP of approval! LOL
I gotta try me one of those!

#8 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postgcw360, on 23 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I gotta try me one of those!

You will not regret it they are well worth it, if you have not found one you want at a good price check them out here. http://clandestineai...n&x=-381&y=-150

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postmuffinman1604, on 23 April 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

You will not regret it they are well worth it, if you have not found one you want at a good price check them out here. http://clandestineai...n&x=-381&y=-150
Thx.

#10 hoboassassin39

hoboassassin39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ok, so I got the parts in and my new piston head is DEFINITELY better than my stock one, I also purchased a Matrix M125 spring and did a side by side comparison to the stock kwa spring and I noticed the KWA spring is a good inch shorter than the matrix one.
I don't know if KWA springs are just made like that or it was compressed. (Which could be another reason for my bad fps)
Right now I'm in the process of shimming my gears and if everything goes as planned it should be running smoothly and quietly.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

FYI, because KWA has great compression, their springs are shorter than other companies equivalent springs.  Let us know if the piston head performs better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sr10, motor, aeg, upgrades, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users