#1 MindTrick

MindTrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hello All,

My MP7 has stopped shooting and surprisingly it happened after I installed a new set of stock rails.  I thought if I removed the stock it would start to work again, nope.  I bought the gun used but it was working when I brought it home that day.  I don't think its the mags, I tried them in another MP7 and it cycled just fine.  Did I jar something loose when installing the stock?

Process for non-op MP7 was insert full (gas and bb) mag into MP7, charge weapon by pulling charging handle back to load bb, switch from safe to semi, pull trigger, click - nothing.  After clearing the gun, I repeat the steps but switch to full-auto instead and still nothing.

Let me know what you all think.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostMindTrick, on 16 April 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Hello All,

My MP7 has stopped shooting and surprisingly it happened after I installed a new set of stock rails.  I thought if I removed the stock it would start to work again, nope.  I bought the gun used but it was working when I brought it home that day.  I don't think its the mags, I tried them in another MP7 and it cycled just fine.  Did I jar something loose when installing the stock?

Process for non-op MP7 was insert full (gas and bb) mag into MP7, charge weapon by pulling charging handle back to load bb, switch from safe to semi, pull trigger, click - nothing.  After clearing the gun, I repeat the steps but switch to full-auto instead and still nothing.

Let me know what you all think.
Is the hammer not setting?

#3 MindTrick

MindTrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm almost positive it is, will have to open it up to confirm though.  Everytime I pull back on the charging handle it feels as if the hammer becomes set then I would pull the trigger to hear the hammer get released with the distinctive 'click' sound.  Or is the MP7 different in that the hammer doesn't have to be set to be able to pull the trigger?

#4 lorddave551

lorddave551

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Had a similar problem with my MP7.  Far as i could tell all internals worked properly but the gun just wouldn't shoot.  Try this:

1.  Insert fresh mag in MP7
2. Cock the charging handle
3. Pull Trigger(Probably wont work but just to try)
4. Eject Magazine
5.  Recock charging handle
6. Reinsert Magazine
7. Pull Trigger( should work now)

If this fixed ur issue the problem is that for whatever reason the recoil spring is not strong enough to push forward the bolt against the resistance of a fully loaded magazine and drag the cocking handle along.  Basically, the way to fix this is to manually push the cocking handle forward after cocking the mp7.  Then release the bolt catch.

EDIT:  In my case i did not hear my hammer drop when i pulled the trigger the first time.  When you are pulling the trigger are you hearing the hammer drop and then nothing happens?

Edited by lorddave551, 18 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#5 MindTrick

MindTrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

View Postlorddave551, on 18 April 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Had a similar problem with my MP7.  Far as i could tell all internals worked properly but the gun just wouldn't shoot.  Try this:

1.  Insert fresh mag in MP7
2. Cock the charging handle
3. Pull Trigger(Probably wont work but just to try)
4. Eject Magazine
5.  Recock charging handle
6. Reinsert Magazine
7. Pull Trigger( should work now)

If this fixed ur issue the problem is that for whatever reason the recoil spring is not strong enough to push forward the bolt against the resistance of a fully loaded magazine and drag the cocking handle along.  Basically, the way to fix this is to manually push the cocking handle forward after cocking the mp7.  Then release the bolt catch.

EDIT:  In my case i did not hear my hammer drop when i pulled the trigger the first time.  When you are pulling the trigger are you hearing the hammer drop and then nothing happens?
Oh mylanta.  That actually worked, its shooting sort of ok (but now I have another issue; more to come).  It never occured to me to try this.  But yes when I pulled the trigger I heard the loud 'click' sound of the hammer dropping.

#6 lorddave551

lorddave551

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostMindTrick, on 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Oh mylanta.  That actually worked, its shooting sort of ok (but now I have another issue; more to come).  It never occured to me to try this.  But yes when I pulled the trigger I heard the loud 'click' sound of the hammer dropping.

Hmm wierd when i pulled the trigger the hammer wouldn't even drop sounds like something else is up with your gun.  But ya keep us posted, pictures work wonders if you can do that

#7 MindTrick

MindTrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Ok so now I am having a feeding issue.  After putting in a fresh mag (full gas and bb's) and charging the gun I can get a few shots off then the gun misfires and no other bb's come out afterwards.  I know the bb's feeding because after "emptying" the magazine I would point the gun downwards and all the bb's I thought I fired have now rolled out the front of the barrel instead.

I do not see any sort of obstructions in the barrel.  I have removed it to clean it and reinstalled it with the same outcome.

What's going on?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostMindTrick, on 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Ok so now I am having a feeding issue.  After putting in a fresh mag (full gas and bb's) and charging the gun I can get a few shots off then the gun misfires and no other bb's come out afterwards.  I know the bb's feeding because after "emptying" the magazine I would point the gun downwards and all the bb's I thought I fired have now rolled out the front of the barrel instead.

I do not see any sort of obstructions in the barrel.  I have removed it to clean it and reinstalled it with the same outcome.

What's going on?
Sounds like either a swollen bucking which can be caused by spray silicone or excessive lubrication, or the loading nozzle may be damaged on the front end of the cylinder.

Is the hope-up all the way off?  And can you post a picture of the loading nozzle?

#9 lorddave551

lorddave551

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

My money is on the swollen hop bucking.  Sounds like you've taken this gun apart multiple times and more than likely you've cleaned and lubed it along the way.  Remember that KWA bucking HATE silicone oil.  They soak it up like sponges and swell in the process.  This swelling jams the barrel to the point where bbs that are shot do not have enough energy to even clear the bucking, thus they roll out of the barrel rather than exit at 400fps.  Solutions are varying, best i've heard is to just thoroughly wash the bucking out in soap and water then let it dry.  Soap should cut through the greasy silicone no problem.  If that fails i'd just order a new bucking from the pro shop.

#10 MindTrick

MindTrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Been working on other things for the past month, hopefully I can get back on this.  I've been reading up on the hop-up issues so I'll be trying the wash and dry solution as soon as I can.  Last time I opened them up I cleaned out all the dirty lube and grit.  I did not relube the guns yet.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by MindTrick, 29 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: troubleshoot, mp7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users