• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msgall2003

msgall2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

So, I finally received my 9 inch Guarder steel outer barrel, which due to the short length had me a bit concerned. However, it worked out great! The end extends past the front sight post just slightly. This barrel is HEAVY which is exactly what I was hoping for. Tested with a magnet it is confirmed 100% steel. No magnet will stick to the factory barrel, but will to the Guarder. The only slight issue I ran into was the front sight post being able to move a bit when you put a bit of force into moving it. This to me was unacceptable. I drilled a small hole on the bottom of the front sight post under the sling point, and drilled a small dimple into the new barrel, then set a grub screw with some thread lock in to secure for a perfectly solid fit. I'm not sure how to attach more than one photo, but I have quite a few more to show.

Attached Files

#2 WTF?Shane

WTF?Shane

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Good stuff! I'm glad that you're happy with your purchase. About the pic posting, use a image hosting site like Flickr.

#3 msgall2003

msgall2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Okay, here is a link to a few photos I've taken, I know the quality is not the best, but I reduced the size of the images while attempting to upload them directly onto here.   http://www.flickr.com/photos/lm4c/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users