4 replies to this topic

#1 FelixTheGreat47

FelixTheGreat47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hello all,

I have had a HK.45 for about half a year now. I picked it up in a trade and it has been working flawlessly up until about a month ago. I have noticed this problem and lube does not solve it.. So I am thinking I may need a new slide or recoil spring. I figured I'd ask before I did anything.

The problem is that after firing, the slide will lock about 1 cm before its closed.. So it stops just far enough away from the fake shell ejector (if thats what the little block is called..) that you can see the BB in the magazine. Normally a little pressure will pop it forward and itll keep going.

I have also noticed that just about everywhere that moves there is a fine grey grain that I am guessing is from the slide rubbing off. Any remedy?

I can upload pictures if needed.

Thanks -Felix

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostFelixTheGreat47, on 15 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hello all,

I have had a HK.45 for about half a year now. I picked it up in a trade and it has been working flawlessly up until about a month ago. I have noticed this problem and lube does not solve it.. So I am thinking I may need a new slide or recoil spring. I figured I'd ask before I did anything.

The problem is that after firing, the slide will lock about 1 cm before its closed.. So it stops just far enough away from the fake shell ejector (if thats what the little block is called..) that you can see the BB in the magazine. Normally a little pressure will pop it forward and itll keep going.

I have also noticed that just about everywhere that moves there is a fine grey grain that I am guessing is from the slide rubbing off. Any remedy?

I can upload pictures if needed.

Thanks -Felix
Clean the slide and rail thoroughly and very lightly relube.  If that doesn't work let us know.

#3 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

If you upload pictures I can tell you what may need to be done. I had a similar issue with a friends gun.

Also make sure everything in your gun is clean, especially if you use propane.

#4 Airforceguy664

Airforceguy664

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Flying
    Airsoft
    Military
    Air Force
    F-15E's
    Outdoors
    Xbox

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

The residue you are seeing on your pistol may be from the gas you are using.  Have you been using propane?  It tends to leave a grey film.  Like those before me said, try thoroughly cleaning your pistol's slide rails.  Q-tips work great for cleaning the hard to reach places.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Check to see if your nozzle (cylinder) return springs are still attached. There are two springs..if one ir both have come apart..then that could be your problem since the springs are all mangled inside and causing the nozzle not to go all the way in. To check this just pull the nozzle out/forward and see if you can see the two tiny springs

( o Y o )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users