21 replies to this topic

#1 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Thinking about getting a Maple Leaf airsoft *cough* Ra-tech *cough, cough* EVO II set up for my vector from WGC, and was wondering if any one has any eperiance with the system in their vector, or any other KWA product. I know it's a .01 TBB and a rather nice bucking that comes with the set up, but their testing video left alot to be desired (a 1 cm decrease in grouping at 40 feet, if memory serves.) so, i'm looking for real world opinions. Let em fly boys and girls.

#2 PreacherMan

PreacherMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hoping someone knows about this too! AirsoftGlobal says it's an impressive range increase, which would be nice.

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

I have it in mine..and yes it is impressive..I highly recommend it

( o Y o )

#4 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Had a different experience.
http://www.arniesair...-gbb/?p=2618336

#5 Jdwin

Jdwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

It works well in the lm4. Which uses a similar hop up setup. I do not have an evoII but from forums around kwa it works well. an estimated boost in range is about 50-75 ft.

#6 jayrod9727

jayrod9727

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

I have one on the way so if anyone else could give us some info on this that would be great. I could not open that link so if someone here could let us know what it says?

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Its not drop in that's for sure..unless you use really heavy bb like .40 or higher. To use lighter bbs you'll have to bend the tensioner arm..being careful not to snap it in half. Fine tuning it and you have a solid hop up..

( o Y o )

#8 jayrod9727

jayrod9727

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

could you just swap out the tensioner arm with the stock Kriss ?

#9 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image
Just a heads up for those of you whose considering on buying this. This upgrade kit is a huge disappointment included are;
1. 6.01 TB barrel
2. Maple leaf hop rubber
3. Parts no. 13,522, 64 and 96(all in quality metals)
This is a drop in kit

Unfortunately there was ABSOLUTELY no improvements on FPS and accuracy(became worst).
So I decided to mix match everything with the stock parts and the best mix was to use the;
1. 6.01TB barrel
2. Stock hop rubber and part 64(this parts are not interchangeable with the kit).
3. Kit part 13, 522, and 96

Althought There is only a slight increase in fps(+10) there was significant improvement in accuracy compared to the stock.

#10 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Not everyone knows how to install things "correctly"

( o Y o )

#11 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

All i truely want is a decent 6.01 TBB. The fact i love the maple leaf stuff (see flag under name for ONE possible reason) is a bonus, but EVERY WHERE is out of any other brand of .01 :(

#12 jayrod9727

jayrod9727

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Seems like mixed reviews on this.

#13 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Folks aren't installing correctly. That's all it is.

( o Y o )

#14 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Got a tutorial on a correct install?

#15 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Maybe.....soon.....

( o Y o )

#16 jayrod9727

jayrod9727

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yes please i just got mine yesterday. A video would be great help, thanks

#17 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

Hmmm... For a gunsmith that gets paid $30 just to inspect a gun maybe i didn't install it correctly. But for a complete drop in kit, even an idiot couldn't go wrong.

#18 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I may have to install the Maple Leaf Hop Bucking (minus the steel tensioner and sleeve) on mine. I've put about 12,000-13,000 rounds through mine since day one and there has been no failures on my end. Had a couple of people shoot it, come to me and say "the bolt jammed". I found two bbs being chambered which caused the jam. I asked them if they were holding the gun by the mag (using it as  foregrip) and they said yes. Cleared the chamber, racked the bolt and continued to fire the gun. Issue has never presented itself to me while gaming. I would attribute these two incidences as user error.

I did notice that my hop bucking has some damage on the lip area. It looks like its been pinched some (possibly from the instances where the bolt attempted to feed two bbs at a time?).  Doing a function check revealed that the said pinched material does not interfere with proper loading.

Checking my parts box, I'm down to two Guarder LM4 hop buckings and a Maple Leaf LM4/KRISS/TT/HK.45 hop buckings.

Its kind of hard to pick the Maple Leaf bucking just to try out as the stock hop bucking worked very very well for me.

The video is pretty long. Not as much action, but you can see that I can get kills from a relatively good distance. Skip past 4 minutes into the video for the first of just a handful of kills. 6:30 into it...I think the guy falls over backwards...whether he called it from my shots or from others...I have no idea. Pretty funny none the less.

Accuracy is more than adequate for outdoors IMO. I'll see whether or not I decide to use Maple Leaf over the Guarder Bucking.

#19 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Same obsevation here Snoopy. Stock hop bucking is good and with the marrige of it to the RaTeach 6.01 TB and hop assembly it was almost perfect. Although the change in FPS was a downer at first(400fps), it turned into blessing since ican still use it at my local CQB site.

On a side note I've been trying to mimic your "situation" with your magazine wherein i use it as a front grip or as a monopod but i don't get the "jams"  that you experience. Is it possible that the lower part of your magazine catch is damaged causing the mag to slide up into the loading nozzle??

Edited by tiger, 08 May 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#20 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

had the same problem, an entire thread about it actualy, a new mag fixed it, as its a feed lip issue (with mine at least)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users