23 replies to this topic

#1 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Okay, so i have gamed my Vector maybe four times, and each time, it preformed flawlessly, dead acurate, and not a single jam. But now, after giving it a good cleaning, and re lubeing with some mild to thick silicone, it started jaming after a few shots on semi in quick sucession, after maybe two or thee trigger pulls on burst, and after five or six shots on auto, and hooking my shots to the right or left at random. i've cleaned the barrel, re set the hop to factory settings, cleaned out the thicker lube, and replaced it with a thinner, pure silicone spray, which i used to liberaly coat all the moving parts, and their suroundings, and any thing that makes contact with them in the slightest. I can clear a full mag on semi now, no issue, the hooking seems to have stopped, or at least at 10-15 yards, haven;t engaged at farther than that since the re lube, but my burst and auto still jam, and it's not a pretty jam ether. the bolt trys to cram an extra BB in the hop, and ends up trying to crush the second round with the loading nozzle's lowwer half, stopping the bolt no more than a quarter of a centimeter from the hop.  I'm at a loss, as i'm an AEG tech, and don't have to much experiance with GBB's aside from my marui pistol. And as a canadian, I can't reach out to KWA them selves for tech support (IE replacement of parts if needed or factory servicing), or even register the gun. So i reach out to you, KWA forum. Has any one else had this issue, and found a solution?

Edited by Specter, 14 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Spray silicone in particular is known to cause problems and silicone in general is bad for the rubber bucking in gas guns as it causes them to swell up and cause problems like this (which I experienced in my LM4 from over-lube).  There's no need to gob on lube as there are no really stressful forces or friction here.  I've not had this problem with my Vector but keep the lube to a minimum.

I'd start by a good cleaning followed by light lube.  The bucking should be removed and cleaned.  Soaking in kitchen dish washing (not dishwasher) detergent has worked for other guns.  If you're going to tear down that far, though, you may as well fit a new bucking.

-- Chuck

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have had to literally strip all the factory grease off using rubbing alcohol and all of my wife's Q-tips. LOL
Paid particular attention to the bolt tracks and the bolt and cylinder.  I have used used "frog lube" to relubricate all the moving parts including the tracks.  Now it works flawlessly.  Also make sure that you have reassembled the lower back on correctly.  I have seen bb jams when the lower was not correctly reattached to the upper.  Follow the manual. :)

#4 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

the odd thing is, when i re-lubbed the gun, i had removed the barrel, and kept it far away as possible. As i know hop up buckings for all guns HATE silicone. and i did do a near full strip. almost pulled out the inner frame of the lowwer, but i thought better of it, and just put all the screws back in it. The tracks are all nice and lubbed, and so are the bolt and carrier. I followed the re assemply to the letter, but there is the chance i buggered something some where. I will give her a looking over.

#5 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

okay, so, i stripped it back down to it's inner frame, cleaned it all up, and used drops ONLY in the tracks, and on the arse end of the bolt. I cleaned the bucking, and barrel, and made sure 100% that every thing was seated propperly. the result? Still jamming, around the same frequency. Could it be the feeding lip of my mag is buggered?

Edited by Specter, 15 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Then it could be the feeding ramp. It's possible that there may be some micro burrs and its not allowing the bb to glide over its surface. You can try sanding it down with some steel wool or a 1000+grit sand paper.
Also check that the loading arm on the cylinder isn't warped.

#7 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Loading arm? Which part number is that?

#8 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

okay, i polished up my loading ramp, and added a very thin layer of low viscocity silocone for added slip. and it seems to have gotten a bit better. there is still a jam every once in a while, but it usualy frequents the last two rounds of a full 50 round mag. But, it does seem alot better. Still not entirely fixed sadly

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Take a look at the cylinder (part#15) and see if you notice any cracks or parts of it that seems excessively worn out.  
And is your bolt locking back ok?

#10 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

yeah, it locks back, and cycles fine. I am realy starting to suspect the feding lip for the mag, as every last thing seems in working order in the gun. I was going to buy another mag any way, so we shall see the result, soon a i can afford one XD

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Personally, I would pull the barrel and replace the bucking.  See if that resolve the issue.

#12 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

plan on doing that as well. just waiting to find out if the EVOII set is worth the money.

#13 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Okay, aside from the EVOII set up, i may need to replace parts 49 and 15. part 15 has some rather obvious wear and tare, which is odd, as it doesn't have even 1000 rounds through it. I'm also still convinced it may be the feed lip of the mag. will also find that out later. will parts 49 and 15 be for sale when the parts hit the pro shop?

#14 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I figured this video might help shine a little light on my issue

https://www.youtube....h?v=aCC1ncr63kg

Edited by Specter, 29 April 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostSpecter, on 29 April 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I figured this video might help shine a little light on my issue

https://www.youtube....h?v=aCC1ncr63kg
Came up as private when I tried to watch the video.

#16 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

fixed the video

#17 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Diggin the pj's.

#18 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

They are all the rage in Canada.

#19 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

But in all seriousness, any one have any idea what could be causing this?

#20 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 29 April 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Diggin the pj's.
:blinded: you're starting to worry me...

View PostSpecter, on 30 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

But in all seriousness, any one have any idea what could be causing this?
Feed ramp comes to mind but would like to ponder it a bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users