#1 crowley

crowley

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hi

I have a Umarex KWA HK45 and i l get the ShooterDesign Slide/Outerbarrel.
I am a Collector and Replica Lover so i cant live with the white Markings on the Slide :)

What i want to know is if somebody has done a Recoil Spring Upgrade to a stronger Spring?
Looks like theres no Aftermarket Recoil Spring on the Market yet, only for the USP but the Spring Guide is different.

I think a stronger Recoil Spring is usefull to compensate the higher Weight from the SD Slide. Im using a High Flow Valve in the Magazine but i would like to replace the standard Spring too.

Maybe somebody made it, is there a compatible Recoil Spring from a other Pistol like USP or a custom Spring ?

Thanks

#2 crowley

crowley

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Please , im sure somebody knows it ?! :)

For me the USP and HK45 Recoil Spring looks very similar....

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I have to agree with you..I own the SD slide as well and would like to change my recoil spring for something like a 150% spring. Idk if a usp spring is compatible..but one wont know unless you try! And no..I haven't tried yet..was waiting for someone else to do so Haha.

( o Y o )

#4 crowley

crowley

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi
After investigation it looks like the USP Spring is different in diameter and SpringGuide is shorter. I dont think a USP Spring would work. I wait until a Aftermarket Spring is available.

Anyway, Recoil with the Shooters Design is great aftet some wear in, standard Spring should be strong enough for a Aluminium Slide, no Problems so far.
I use a High Output Valve in the Mag which compensates the heigher Weight.

To bad that there are no Tuning Parts available on the Market. No Spring Sets, Night Sights etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users