• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cav.

cav.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hay guys, I recently bought a M1911 MK I, it's quite a pistol I must say! Upon opening the box, I noticed the oil must have leaked out :( So I'm now left with very little. What kind of oil is it? Is it silicone? If so what weight, and where can I purchase this type of silicone to lube the gun?

Also I was watching some videos on how to maintain the GBBP, I noticed some people lube the knocker valve by spraying some sort of oil into it while the mag is empty. Is it the same type of silicone oil you would use to lube the mag if you use propane? If so, then it's safe to use the Tornado Grenade Oil for the knocker valve? I accidentally pressed the knocker valve a little hard two times and the gas escaped, I dont wanna mess up the o-ring, so I'd like to keep it lubed.

Thanks!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi cav, welcome to the forums. The silicon oil KWA provides and what they recommend is 100% pure silicon oil. That means no silicon sprays. And KWA advises that you stay away from silicon sprays completely. Silicon sprays have additives in the spray that are sometimes harmful to certain rubbers and plastic inside the gun. I recommend buying 20, 25 or 30 wt 100% pure silicon oil. That's done the trick. You can buy 100% pure silicon oil at any R/C hobby shop, or even online, just make sure you don't get fooled with low prices but a high shipping and handling fee. Amazon usually does the trick...

By valve knocker, I think you mean the gas release valve itself? In that case, I usually just put one small drop on it and work the valve while the magazine is empty of any gas... I also put a drop on the gas fill valve o ring. If you want to go overkill, it'd even be smart to lubricate the main seals in side the magazine's gas reservoir just so you ensure a tight seal. That would require knocking out the pins.

Also, I've found that pushing the gas release valve in to release the gas hasn't had any negative or adverse affects on the magazine's pressure seal, or performance of the gun... I generally just don't release gas unless I have to and keep my mags stored with green gas because 1, it saves me green gas, and 2, it keeps the internals of the mag lubricated-- to ensure a complete seal.

#3 cav.

cav.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Cheers for the quick reply! Yeah so any of those would do huh...does it matter what weight I go for?

And yes I meant the gas release valve :) Do you put the drop directly on the valve and just press it a few times, or in the area where the gas is released near the bb?

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

View Postcav., on 12 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Cheers for the quick reply! Yeah so any of those would do huh...does it matter what weight I go for?

And yes I meant the gas release valve :) Do you put the drop directly on the valve and just press it a few times, or in the area where the gas is released near the bb?
The higher the wt, (30 wt for example) the more thick the consistency of the silicon oil will be. You want something that will not be so thin that it will run like liquid, but not too thick to gum up the blowback action. I recommend 20, 25, or 30 wt silicon oil, they've all worked fine in my KWA gbb guns, but if you had to make a choice, I'd choose 25 wt: best of both worlds (lubricity and thickness) but, not all shops carry 25 wt, so 20 wt is fine too... (they all work great for me)

You can lubricate the gas release valve both ways. By dropping the oil from outside the gas outlet port and into the magazine, or putting a drop on the release valve itself and pressing it a few times... both are fine methods.

#5 cav.

cav.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks so much Outlaw :) Much appreciated!

Edited by cav., 12 April 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postcav., on 12 April 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Thanks so much Outlaw :) Much appreciated!
No problem, feel free to ask anything (KWA related) here. We all love sharing the knowledge! :)

#7 cav.

cav.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

This is ok I hope? Says 100% Silicon oil:

http://www.amainhobb...ck-Oil-25wt-2oz

Last question, it just came to mind. I can use the same silicon oil to lube the frames as well correct?

Edited by cav., 12 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

That silicon oil you linked will do the trick.

You can lubricate the rails on the slide, the frame (where it contacts the slide), the magazine (where we've talked about earlier), and that's about it. In terms of maintenance, I'd run a cotton patch/gun cleaners patch through the barrel just to clean the inside of it, as it gets dirty from time to time and must be cleaned. Just some don'ts... DO NOT lubricate the hop up bucking, inside the barrel, or anywhere where bbs might come into actual contact with lubrication.

You don't need to over do it either. If you are running propane, then I'd recommend cleaning the gun after every time you shoot, or every second time you use it. Generally the gun needs to be wiped down with some q tips, and then you can apply a conservative amount of silicon oil...

#9 cav.

cav.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 13 April 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

That silicon oil you linked will do the trick.

You can lubricate the rails on the slide, the frame (where it contacts the slide), the magazine (where we've talked about earlier), and that's about it. In terms of maintenance, I'd run a cotton patch/gun cleaners patch through the barrel just to clean the inside of it, as it gets dirty from time to time and must be cleaned. Just some don'ts... DO NOT lubricate the hop up bucking, inside the barrel, or anywhere where bbs might come into actual contact with lubrication.

You don't need to over do it either. If you are running propane, then I'd recommend cleaning the gun after every time you shoot, or every second time you use it. Generally the gun needs to be wiped down with some q tips, and then you can apply a conservative amount of silicon oil...

Right! I pretty much got all that done, from watching the videos :) Thanks for all the help!

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

Post Deleted

BS - Really dude?  I appreciate the fact that you are trying to run a business but saying this, "I'd love to offer you my product links but sales are not allowed here. You'll have to find me on Facebook if you want to find the best product available," is a solicitation and it is not allowed.  Please refrain from this in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users