USP compact firing every other shot only?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kavoh90

Kavoh90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hello, I am new to this site as I haven't had the need to look up help for my KWA products until now. This is driving me nuts, I just cannot figure it out. I had a KWA USP that I loved for 3~ years. It worked flawlessly and NEVER failed in any way. However, I recently picked up a USP compact, and right away after like 2-3 mags, it had issues.

Whenever I load a magazine and pull back the slide, the first shot will fire. After the first shot however, the hammer will be locked back, and when I pull the trigger, the hammer will slam down but not fire. If I pull the trigger again in DA position, it will fire again (usually). It will then lock the hammer back. And when the trigger is pulled again, the hammer will slam back down and not fire. Rinse and repeat.

Just tried with 10 shots. Fire, click, fire, click, click, fire, click, fire, click, fire (slide locks back).

Same results with all 3 of my mags.

I am out of ideas...

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hey Kavoh90

Welcome to the KWA forums.  I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems.  But before we get into more complicated technical possibilities have you cleaned all the factory grease and relubed with 25WT silicone oil?  Unfortunately there is quite a bit of grease from the factory on these new GBB pistols when new.  They are used to protect the internals from corrosion during long storage and shipping times.
You will want to clean all the grease off of the slide rails both on the upper slide and lower frame and also the recoil spring guide rod. Let me know if this helps.

#3 Kavoh90

Kavoh90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back. I disassembled it and cleaned it completely before relubing it. It worked flawlessly for about half a magazine and went straight back to what it usually does. I am not going to go ahead and say that the cleaning caused the flawless shooting as I have since been unable to reproduce it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users