• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jay_Shack

Jay_Shack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I just bought a brand new Kwa Cqr m4 Mod 1 last Friday and it had some immediate issues.

-First off, the semi auto did not work at all.  On the very first test fire, the bbs simply rolled out of the barrel when I fired.  
-Secondly, the hop up was putting downward spin on the bbs even on the highest setting.  This problem was fixed pretty easily but not perfectly by readjusting the bucking on the end of the barrel but did not fix the semi auto issue.
-Lastly, the stock mag and an additional Kwa brand mid cap mag had some feeding issues.  On the first few shots after loading the magazine, the bbs would feed just fine, but towards the end the gun would only fire a bb on about every other shot.  Each mag was reloaded multiple times but continued to have the problem.

I am using a Turnigy 1.2 Lipo and high quality .23 bbs.  Please help

On a side note, I bought a high cap non KWA brand magazine from a reputable local airsoft store that they said should work with the gun.  It wouldn't feed any of the bbs even though it was fully wound.  It did work once after I heard the spring cycle but I did not hear it again after that.  I found that the only way it would feed is if I held the gun upside down while firing.  I would love to get this magazine working as it is the only high cap I have for the gun.

Thanks

#2 Jay_Shack

Jay_Shack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

One thing I forgot to mention is that the gun is very loud while firing.  It almost sounds the same as a dry fire.

#3 BotdesignerXT

BotdesignerXT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Are you referring to an 11.1 lipo?

I by no means am an expert, but by cleaning the hop-up and bucking, mine no longer has bbs roll out of the barrel in semi.  I also cleaned out the barrel at the same time.

As for the mags i have no idea.  I have the standard K120 KWA Mid-Caps, and i have had no problem with them.  I would imagine taking it apart and lubricating it would be a good idea.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

First thing I'd try is returning it to the retailer for an exchange for a working gun.  This is assuming it's a store front, not across the country somewhere.

If you have to send it somewhere send it to KWA for warranty repair.  Call 'em for a repair ticket.  Red/orange tip must be on the gun for them to fix it.  Send both magazines since they both have problems.  Non-KWA magazine fix is up to you... :)

-- Chuck

#5 rooster1

rooster1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Sorry you are haveing  problems with your m4....I have the same gun and it has performed very well....if it sounds like it is dry firing when bb's are coming out it sounds like somewhere between the piston and where the air nozzels goes into the hop up you are loosing a ton of air.  I would check the oring on the piston head, cylinder head  and the air nozzel.  Also the bucking on the inner barrel to see if has been damaged.  Hope this helps.

#6 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

If it is still in the warranty period you might want to get it fixed via the warranty.
f it is out of the warranty period, try taking apart the gun and just checking to make sure the gearbox is completely assembled the proper way. Clean everything in your gun. Make sure you bucking is on your inner barrel and in your hop up unit correctly.
Also the odd noise could be from something as simple as the motor height. Check your shim job too (it should be okay)

#7 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

I agree if its new send it to KWA for repair. If its under warranty then it wont cost you anything.  

muffinman you mention check your shim job.  i thought kwa cqr guns dont have any shims.  i pulled my cqr mod 2 apart to change out the cyl and there were no shims on the gears.

#8 RabidGerbil

RabidGerbil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, Airspft and Muscle Cars!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

I have seen the new KWA P-Mags have a few issues with some guns. We just removed the bottom of the mag and shimmed with a couple of pieces of electrical tape to push the inside of the mag up just a fuzz. Boom, mags feed flawlessly. (Just figured this out yesterday!)

A SHS cylinder works really well with the KWA for changing fps.

#9 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Are the AEG P-mags a body in a stylish sleeve like the GBB versions?  Just curious.

I bought a 6-pack of the K120 magazines last summer and they've been flawless in my KM4-CQB.  (There may be subtle differences between the dimensions of the metal vs polymer lower receivers that cause subtle problems in some guns.)

-- Chuck

#10 killauz

killauz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

Do you still have this problem? I had the same one, and i have two tips for you.

First:

Try without fulling up all the magazine. I had this issue when i pushed more than 80 bbs into a "80" capacity magpul magazine.

Second:

When i were shooting, i felt a dry sound on my gun (even when it was firing bbs), and i had to push the screw that is on the bottom of the pistol grip, it adjusted the gears and the piston, and problem solved. It can be caused by a loss of air. Also, i felt the engine moving a lot inside the pistol grip.

Could you check it and reply? Maybe you're having the same trouble than me. It's just an assembly mistake, not big deal :)

Cheers !

Edited by killauz, 03 June 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cqr, cqr mod 1, feeding problems, semi auto problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users