5 replies to this topic

#1 NeKro

NeKro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

How everyones LM4 holding up? I want to get one so bad, but had a bad experience with GBBR. It was a G&P WOC, and it would break down a lot. Especially the nozzle thats in the bottle. Im worried if I was to get an LM4 that it would have the same problems as well.

#2 emp3ror86

emp3ror86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Don't you think if it had the same issue you would be reading about that all over this forum?

#3 The Nutty Professor

The Nutty Professor

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Do a little research on the WOC on other forums and you'll find out the parts use to build it are light weight and prone to break. Most guys upgrade the crap out of the internals. The LM4 is pretty strong off the shelf. It also excepts steel parts from the KSC and some RS parts. Buy with confidence dude!

#4 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Internally, I've seen three piston return springs fail in two different guns. One approx 8k rounds in; another less than 2k and in the same gun 4k in. I've seen the hop up teeth break off due to a stuck bb, as well as ripped buckings. The last two can be chalked up to user error. Lastly 3/5 need a new buffer lock stop.

In addition to that my friends owning other lm4/lm4cs two have been perfectly fine each about 5k in.

Change the piston outter o-ring and don't try to release the bolt when its jammed and you should be fine. Also, I thought i read somewhere that KWA is switching to steel buffer lock stops, but until someone can verify that, you can purchase one from blow back armory. It would be nice if they had more piston return spring assemblies in stock *cough KWA hey you cough* another option I is to see if you can find a suitable replacement from McMaster Carr.  Seeing as how that spring should be maybe $2.00, BUT the pro shop only sells it as an assembly for ~$9.

#5 muffinman1604

muffinman1604

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. xbox. PC gaming, building, and programming. Football.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

One of my LM4s has had about 15k rounds through it and everything is stock. It is in great condition. I just make sure to clean it thoroughly and I take great care of my guns.

#6 Maximusmjg

Maximusmjg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

I actually love my LM4 great internals, shoots smooth and crisp. I feel the hop up is its down fall of the gun and the finish of the body is a close second in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users