• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pinksoda

pinksoda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hi, I'm in the process of changing the stock valve with the mp7 ra tech valve. I have removed the pins that holds part # 92(nozzle blocks) in place. But the blocks wouldn't pop out. Any solution for this before i dremel part of it.

Please and thanks.

#2 Toonz

Toonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Patience, patience and more patience.  I used my wifes hair dryer but a proper heat gun would be much better.  They simply pop out when putting pressure on the inside and pushing it out.  Patience is key since you will naturally wanna pry on the plastic inner parts to pop it out.

I heated the unit up with a hair dryer for about 20 seconds and using a small flat blade popped them out.  It took me about 2 beers and 20 tries and alot of curse words but they eventually  popped out no prob.

I'd be curious what fps you get when done.  Can you please post a follow up.  I used the Ra tech valve as well and get 286 with .20 bb's.  Seems a bit lower than most who are closer to the 330 range.

Sounds likes parts are starting to trickle in from reading other posts here.  I'm excited to get a few more bolts and try to build a few different assemblies as once you have your valve installed changing bolts is so easy

I love this gun

Edited by Toonz, 30 March 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#3 pinksoda

pinksoda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostToonz, on 30 March 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Patience, patience and more patience.  I used my wifes hair dryer but a proper heat gun would be much better.  They simply pop out when putting pressure on the inside and pushing it out.  Patience is key since you will naturally wanna pry on the plastic inner parts to pop it out.

I heated the unit up with a hair dryer for about 20 seconds and using a small flat blade popped them out.  It took me about 2 beers and 20 tries and alot of curse words but they eventually  popped out no prob.

I'd be curious what fps you get when done.  Can you please post a follow up.  I used the Ra tech valve as well and get 286 with .20 bb's.  Seems a bit lower than most who are closer to the 330 range.

Sounds likes parts are starting to trickle in from reading other posts here.  I'm excited to get a few more bolts and try to build a few different assemblies as once you have your valve installed changing bolts is so easy

I love this gun

Comparing my progress with yours, I've gotten to the part where you curse a lot. Thanks for giving me hope! I'll let you know what the fps after I get it done.

You did get the MP7 adjustable npas right? And is the valve fully open?

Edited by pinksoda, 30 March 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#4 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I agree. It was a pain in the freaking a** to remove. I ended up just torching it for like 2 seconds because I didn't have the patience for a slow hair dryer. Worked for me but wouldn't recommend it lol

#5 Toonz

Toonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

View Postpinksoda, on 30 March 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Comparing my progress with yours, I've gotten to the part where you curse a lot. Thanks for giving me hope! I'll let you know what the fps after I get it done.

You did get the MP7 adjustable npas right? And is the valve fully open?

Yes exact same.  Mine came with valve and spring.  I replaced both.  I have mine what I would call closed.  ie. Its tightenend in all the way.

Patience is your friend.  I almost gave up.  I walked away even for about 15 mins.  Eventually it came out though.

#6 pinksoda

pinksoda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Finally got it! Thanks for the blow dryer technique!

So I tested it just right when i replace the valve with the npas. No high spike or low spike readings were consistent to 285-290. But I did notice a thin gap between the npas. I figured if I close that gap it will at least increase a fraction. Surely enough it did but consistency dropped. Shooting to about 305-325. Three to five bb's consistent to 310-311. So if you want to average around to 300-350 range just make sure that npas is fully closed. Literally no gap between the valve screw. Hope this works for you.

Thanks for the help again!

Edited by pinksoda, 31 March 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Awesome.glad you got it..I think you were the one who messaged me on YT?

( o Y o )

#8 pinksoda

pinksoda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 31 March 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Awesome.glad you got it..I think you were the one who messaged me on YT?

( o Y o )

Yes, it was me! Just wanted to play it these weekend figuring that you might be busy so i posted here instead. thanks anyways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users