• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Earkfeld

Earkfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I am considering buying an ASCU MOSFET/Fire controller. Is it compatable with the KWA SR7?

Thanks,

#2 primetymeplayr

primetymeplayr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Yes, I had a version 2 in my SR7, with a small mod to the selector plate. I have the new version 3 on the way, and it comes with the modded selector plate.

#3 Earkfeld

Earkfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Is it worth the $100?

#4 primetymeplayr

primetymeplayr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostEarkfeld, on 30 March 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Is it worth the $100?
I think they are well worth $100, I'm working on installing them in all my guns. Awesome trigger response!

#5 Earkfeld

Earkfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Okay. Also, is there any compatability with it and the speed tunable trigger? The trigger response and burst function was what really appealed to me.

#6 primetymeplayr

primetymeplayr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have never had any dealings with the speed trigger, but cant see why there would be any compatibility issues.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postprimetymeplayr, on 31 March 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have never had any dealings with the speed trigger, but cant see why there would be any compatibility issues.
Agreed.  I have the Speed Trigger in my KM4A1 and it works fine.  Granted I do not have the ASCU, I have a Niko FET, but presumably if the ASCU will work with the KWA trigger, and it should work with the ST too.

#8 RabidGerbil

RabidGerbil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Family, Airspft and Muscle Cars!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

I have 2 ASCU'd weapons with a "spped trigger" mod. I used abit of M-nub on the trigger to take up the slack on the original trigger. It takes up the slack and makes the trigger really sensitive. I have now ordered 2 more Gen.3 ASCU's for my other weapons. I would HIGHLY recommend putting the anti-reverse lever back in the GB if you are running an 11.1 or you will get some serious over-spin. I run mine with the 7.4 lipo and the a.r. removed with no issues at all.
Loving my 3rd burst mode!!

I have been running my ASCU in my primary for over a year with no troubles at all.

#9 Earkfeld

Earkfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Are any modifications to the gearbox required for installation of the generation 3 ASCU? if so, what are they?

#10 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have yet to install my version 3. The version 2 required modifications to the selector plate and a non metallic sticker on the lower receiver.  The sticker was included. The version 3 comes with a plastic selector plate(no copper),  plastic cut off lever, and a plastic trigger extension. The trigger extension goes on the part of the trigger that contacts the micro switch button.  There are also two small stickers that go inside the gearbox. It should be an easy install. Hoping for no mods.

Edited by Dirt Bag, 09 April 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sr7, Internal, Trigger, Compatability, ASCU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users