• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I haven't done a lot with the USP, as I purchased it towards the end of last airsoft-season, and it had issues with the hop-up that required it to be sent in for repairs.  Just pulled it back out, cleaned and lubricated it, and for some reason the slide-stop is half-engaging every 8 or so shots.  I've checked my grip, made sure I'm not limp-wristing the replica (though the recoil is so slight that shouldn't matter), and checked to make sure it's not just the magazine.

The slide stop isn't fully engaging, it's about half-way up on the notch, and is causing the notch to round out a very slight amount, so I quit putting rounds through it to test.  It's as if the recoil is causing the stop to bounce just enough to catch the slide and keep the replica from cycling.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Edited by Guilo, 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostGuilo, on 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I haven't done a lot with the USP, as I purchased it towards the end of last airsoft-season, and it had issues with the hop-up that required it to be sent in for repairs.  Just pulled it back out, cleaned and lubricated it, and for some reason the slide-stop is half-engaging every 8 or so shots.  I've checked my grip, made sure I'm not limp-wristing the replica (though the recoil is so slight that shouldn't matter), and checked to make sure it's not just the magazine.

The slide stop isn't fully engaging, it's about half-way up on the notch, and is causing the notch to round out a very slight amount, so I quit putting rounds through it to test.  It's as if the recoil is causing the stop to bounce just enough to catch the slide and keep the replica from cycling.

Anyone had a similar issue?
Yes, I have.  See here for the solution: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=1525

#3 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Thanks... saw that right after I posted this.  Guess that'll teach me to check the pinned threads before posting.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostGuilo, on 30 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Thanks... saw that right after I posted this.  Guess that'll teach me to check the pinned threads before posting.
No, problem.  Let us know how it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users