• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AkimbosquirrelBTF3

AkimbosquirrelBTF3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ok, so I would like to start by saying I'm new to the Forum, and had a question about my kwa hk45 so i somewhat recently bought this gun in December and it has been a well working gun I do lubricate it and maintain but today while shooting, when I went to reload my pistol i noticed when cocking the slide it jammed. So I pulled back again a round popped the chamber and released the slide got stuck again only a litle but did not permit me to fire. After trying to put the mag in and out the mag then no longer stuck in the gun. I have no idea what the problem could be and I'm disappointed to see such poor craftmanship.

#2 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I bought a used HK45 and it jammed after a few clips. What I found was that the previous owner had glued the feed rap back together which was cracked in half. It looked perfectly normal when AI first got it as the crack was clean.

I replaced the feed ramp and it shot great for a bit, then jammed up every now and then. Upon inspection of all the parts I found that a BB wouldn't slide through the feed ramp smoothly. I got some sand paper and polished the ramp which allowed the BB to properly and smoothly slide on its surface. After completing the polishing the gun has never jammed or malfunctioned ever again.

I met other players as well and they mentioned that they had some jamming issues as well, after suggesting a ramp polish their issues didn't return. I'm not saying this is your issue, but you may want to look into it.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 20 March 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#3 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostAkimbosquirrelBTF3, on 18 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Ok, so I would like to start by saying I'm new to the Forum, and had a question about my kwa hk45 so i somewhat recently bought this gun in December and it has been a well working gun I do lubricate it and maintain but today while shooting, when I went to reload my pistol i noticed when cocking the slide it jammed. So I pulled back again a round popped the chamber and released the slide got stuck again only a litle but did not permit me to fire. After trying to put the mag in and out the mag then no longer stuck in the gun. I have no idea what the problem could be and I'm disappointed to see such poor craftmanship.

I am interested in this.  I just bought an HK45 and also jams.  It can fire a round or 2 and then jams. I then have to pull the slide back and out comes 2 rounds.   I then can fire off the rest of the mag.  This doesnt happen every time but enough to be annoying.  What is this feed ramp you talk about.  Is it the feed lip on the mag?  Tell me more .  I just attatched a pic of what i think your talking about.  Is this it?

Attached Files

Edited by Icurblud, 11 April 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

That is indeed the feed ramp. If it isn't smooth or if it is misaligned the BB can bounce or mis-feed and cause the issue you describe.

Is this a new, under warranty, gun?

#5 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeag thats the ramp that the arrow is pointing at, just polish it with some high grit sand paper and ensure a BB can slide on it without catching.

#6 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Also check your loading nozzle. Make sure the little arm that pushes the bb out of the feed lips of the mag and up the feed ramp is not bent or broken or just worn out.if it is slightly bent then that is your problem. And it probably got bent by slamming the mag in witj the slide locked back which causes  the slide to be released forward..and I think this causes premature wear on the nozzle arm.  But I can't confirm this. But after replacing my nozzle due to bent feeding arm and not slamming the mag in anymore and preventing the slide from going forward in its own..I haven't had a problem with jams yet.

( o Y o )

#7 jenriquez1348

jenriquez1348

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hey Guys, does anyone have anymore followup on this issue?  we both 3 of these and had the exact same problem on all 3 and they are less than 2 months old. Also on one of them the safety lever plate broke

#8 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Have you tried the remedies they have already suggested? If so which ones?

#9 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Well I spoke the KWA tech support and they suggested I send it in for warranty on this issue.  I only ran a few mags through it but jammed way to much for such an expensive purchase.  Well 4 weeks or so later I just got it back from Kwa.  They said the replaced the bucking and the cylinder.  So now that I have it back I tested it out.ran 2 mags through it and it worked great, no jam.  But then on the 3rd mag same jam I was having.   Pulled out the jam and fired 2 more mags fills with no jam.  At this point I am a little disappointed.  I own another brand 1911 high cap  and that thing has never let me down.  Plus the 1911 was only 105 brand new.  As apposed to my 160 dollar hk45.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostIcurblud, on 10 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Well I spoke the KWA tech support and they suggested I send it in for warranty on this issue.  I only ran a few mags through it but jammed way to much for such an expensive purchase.  Well 4 weeks or so later I just got it back from Kwa.  They said the replaced the bucking and the cylinder.  So now that I have it back I tested it out.ran 2 mags through it and it worked great, no jam.  But then on the 3rd mag same jam I was having.   Pulled out the jam and fired 2 more mags fills with no jam.  At this point I am a little disappointed.  I own another brand 1911 high cap  and that thing has never let me down.  Plus the 1911 was only 105 brand new.  As apposed to my 160 dollar hk45.
Just curious, do you have the hop-up on and if so, how dialed up do you have it?

#11 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Well I took it to my CQB location this weekend.   Gun shoots hard and straight.  Chronoing 340 with .2. It has a great kick.  I used it alot and it only jammed a few times.  I chalk that up to be normal.   I am impressed with it now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jam, gun, kwa, bb, squirrel, mp7, sr-12, airosft gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users