went from sp120 to sp130 in m4 and piston wont cycle, ideas?

kwa sp130 sp120 wont cycle m4 version 2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Upgraded from a sp120 in M4, which worked good, to sp130 and now gears wont cycle. Swapped both motors and spring between M4 and CQR. Shimmed both gear boxes and used charged 9.6v 2000mah and 9.6v 1500mah with same results. Also changed motor height with same results. Switched back to120 witched worked fine. Piston is good, head is good, greased, good gears, everything is aligned, no pinched wires. My buddy has a kwa with sp130 which works. I'm out of ideas if anybody can advise

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostHARPOONER, on 10 March 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Upgraded from a sp120 in M4, which worked good, to sp130 and now gears wont cycle. Swapped both motors and spring between M4 and CQR. Shimmed both gear boxes and used charged 9.6v 2000mah and 9.6v 1500mah with same results. Also changed motor height with same results. Switched back to120 witched worked fine. Piston is good, head is good, greased, good gears, everything is aligned, no pinched wires. My buddy has a kwa with sp130 which works. I'm out of ideas if anybody can advise
Hi Harpooner - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Please describe the shimming you did? Also, are you sure the battery is good?  Lastly, what was the ROF with the SP120?

#3 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I pretty much shimmed until the gears spun freely and gearbox closed properly. I never checked my ROF with the 120

#4 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yes both batteries were good but charging them again to make sure

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostHARPOONER, on 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I pretty much shimmed until the gears spun freely and gearbox closed properly. I never checked my ROF with the 120
So, did you change any of the stock parts other than the spring?  And, were the gears not freely spinning before you shimmed?

#6 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

No other parts were changed. They were spinning freely before but after I shimmed they seemed to spin a tiny bit better. I shimmed after the first time my gears wouldnt cycle. I'm wondering if my spring was packaged wrong from Guarder for the fact it is longer and quite a thick gauge compared to my 120

#7 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I just remembered after I got my r hop done my FPS was 450 with. 20's , if that helps

#8 HARPOONER

HARPOONER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Charged both batteries with the same result, any ideas?

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm wondering if the shim job needs to be redone?  Perhaps the piston is off the track?  This can cause gearboxes to lockup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, sp130, sp120, wont cycle, m4, version 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users