• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 COFF3Eparachute

COFF3Eparachute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

So I've had my G36c for about a year, and the fps continues to slowly drop. It started at 370 and has now dropped to 337-340. I would really prefer to be shooting full 400 fps. I was going to with a promethius (excuse the spelling) tight bore barrel to increase accuracy and some fps, but I'm not sure about the spring. Different sites say different things. I was going to go for an m120 spring, but I've heard of this going over 400 fps on some sites, others just at 400. I'm also finally going to be purchasing a lipo battery. An 11.1 15c small should do the trick from what I hear? Another thing, I've never done anything to this gun but cleaned the barrel, never have opened it. I was thinking I could to the tight bore by myself but I really don't want to open the gearbox, I could have it done by an expert but would like to get to know the insides of my rifle and save a few bucks. So just how hard would that be? Sorry I'm asking a ton of questions, but I figured this was the best place to ask. Thanks

#2 airsoftamateur32

airsoftamateur32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

first, clean your stock barrel /bucking and hop up,i tend to soke my bucking in warm water mixed with a dash a dish detergent,as for my inner barrel i use gun swabs that i bought and just cut in half.Another thing that you should do, is check your compression by takeing the complete pistion assembly, and cylinder assembly with the air nozzle and put you finger on the attached nozzle,then try and push the piston down the cylinder. If it can go all the way down take the o ring on the pistion and stretch it a lil and put a dash of pure silicon oil on it then repeat process.if it still goes all the way in buy a new # 14 danco o ring. as for barrels i dont suggest prommys because of the window size on the barrel,an option that would work better is the edgi 6.01.To address your spring issue i would get a guarder sp110 spring if your looking for 400 fps.and yes the lipo battery in those specs would work wonders.

#3 COFF3Eparachute

COFF3Eparachute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postairsoftamateur32, on 07 March 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

first, clean your stock barrel /bucking and hop up,i tend to soke my bucking in warm water mixed with a dash a dish detergent,as for my inner barrel i use gun swabs that i bought and just cut in half.Another thing that you should do, is check your compression by takeing the complete pistion assembly, and cylinder assembly with the air nozzle and put you finger on the attached nozzle,then try and push the piston down the cylinder. If it can go all the way down take the o ring on the pistion and stretch it a lil and put a dash of pure silicon oil on it then repeat process.if it still goes all the way in buy a new # 14 danco o ring. as for barrels i dont suggest prommys because of the window size on the barrel,an option that would work better is the edgi 6.01.To address your spring issue i would get a guarder sp110 spring if your looking for 400 fps.and yes the lipo battery in those specs would work wonders.
I have a local shop here that carries all that stuff for besides the edgi barrel. They charge $30 for instalation and the spring, and they told me the exact same spring lol, so I went with that and will pick up a barrel later. I also picked up the lipo. The cleaning info is wonderful, I was very confused before what you said. When I it back I'll clean the internals like you said. Thanks for the info!

#4 jdl

jdl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostCOFF3Eparachute, on 07 March 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I would really prefer to be shooting full 400 fps.
why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users