1 reply to this topic

#1 RedScare

RedScare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Greetings,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out. I recently purchased a EDGI barrel (288mm 6.03) and I was wondering what would be the FPS output from the set up.  I am worried that it might be too high, but I want to hold off purchasing the NPAS kit unless I know for sure that the M11A1 equipped with the 288mm will shoot hot.  I would be eternally grateful for any and all help.

Best regards

Will

#2 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

In order to determine the fps output you would have to know the original barrel length of the M11. In this case it's 115mm. So you are more than doubling the inner barrel length which would raise your fps over 400 definitely. Maybe even close to 500. This is because gas operated airsoft guns work in different ways and for the most part the way to increase a GBB's fps dramatically is by increasing the barrel length. This happens because gas has more room to expand in the barrel when it released out of the magazine causing more pressure and ultimately increasing your fps. A lot.

So if you want to keep it under 400 and keep your tightbore then you might need to change the rocket valve in the nozzle. Or you might just want to purchase the NPAS to regulate your fps. Just try it out without the NPAS and see what happens. Then if you really need to lower your FPS then swap it out with the NPAS.

Edited by Airsoftguy, 06 March 2013 - 08:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users