7 replies to this topic

#1 ardo

ardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hello,

I shoot a CZ Shadow in IPSC, so I bought a KZ75 for home indoor practice. The gun shoots extremely high: point of impact is 3-4" above the point of aim at 6 yards, with the hop up turned all the way down.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

#2 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

How many rds have you shot threw it? Sometimes my guns need quite a bit of use to break in the hop up. Also you could maybe try a heavier bb.

#3 ardo

ardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I only shot a couple of mags so far. I am using precision .28g BBs.

I was wondering if removing the little hop up ball will disable the hop up completely, I don't think I want any hop up at such a short distance.

#4 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yea that would stop it from putting any unwanted pressure on the bb. Not sure if it will give you the desired effect that you want though

#5 ardo

ardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I took out the hop up ball, the results are slightly better, but still abut 2.5" high. I think I need to get rid of the nub on the inside of bucking rubber, it still gives the BB an up-spin that I don't need.

I also noticed that the inner barrel's front is very loose inside of the outer barrel, this can't be good for accuracy?

#6 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I'm not sure on the design of the KZ but I know on some of my pistols they have a groove cut into the inner barrel and an oring in it. This holds the barrel snug inside the outer barrel. I'm not sure if this is doable but it might be something to look into.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

You'll need to experiment with different weight BBs to maximize accuracy at this range.  Try 0.30 and 0.32 to see where they print on the target.  They should run a little slower and lower.

Not sure what the sights are like on your pistol.  You "shooting the dot"? or tip of the front sight or what?  Whatever, you'll want the KWA sights to match your CZ's.

-- Chuck

#8 ardo

ardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Thank you, guys!

My barrel has no groove to use the O-ring mod. Maybe I can try some electrical tape instead...

I'm using stock sights that came with the pistol, doing the 'usual' sight alignment. Neither front nor back sight look replaceable, anyway, they seem to be an integral part of the slide.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users