• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gottagotomoz

gottagotomoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

I recently dug out my old KWA M17 and fired it for a bit. The next day when I went to shoot it, I loaded up a mag and when I shoot, it will half-cycle and then proceed to empty the magazine of all its gas. I took it apart and reassembled it without finding any problems. I did this once more and found the valve knocker and the sear were in pieces. I replaced the sear (part 87) the spring (79) that connects the sear to the valve knocker, and the valve knocker (78) Just because I figured it couldn't hurt, I replaced the disconnector (81) and replaced the spring to go with it (82) When that didn't remedy my problem, I took a look in the slide assembly and found the return springs (23) were bent, so I replaced those as well. I then thought it had something to do with the mag catch (70), so I replaced that as well. None of these solved my problem, and I'm back to square one. I've tried two different magazines that are not leaking, but they are as old as the gun. I don't know what else it could be, perhaps something in the blowback assembly? Hopefully, someone has insight and can shed some light on what could be going wrong here. Any advice is appreciated.

#2 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Well the parts you replaced should have remedied the problem. Seems like it could be your blowback assembly. I can't think of anything else that would cause that but I assume you probably have a bad seal somewhere in the blowback unit. There isn't a sufficient amount of gas entering the cylinder which is causing half cycling and gas expelling out. The problem is most definitely somewhere in the slide. I've seen this happen to dozens of gas blowbacks and it all due to a bad seal.

You can try replacing this whole part:

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=27360

It doesn't have to be this exact one since I don't trust the HFC brand myself but you can give it a try if you can't find the original KWA/KSC replacement.

Plus Evike has 20% off right now.

#3 gottagotomoz

gottagotomoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

After countless hours spent reading probably every topic published on the internet concerning KWA M series issues I was left to pretty much figure this one out on my own. I replaced the entire blowback unit, bought an aftermarket slide and barrel and dropped it in, to be left with the exact same problem. I replaced the hammer again, and pretty much rebuilt the entire hammer housing. I replaced the rocket valve with an Angel Custom metal one, lubricated and cleaned nearly every part in the gun, and by now I can pretty much recite the parts diagram. But, until today it never occurred to me what I overlooked - the trigger transfer bar. I've seen many unanswered topics that describe the symptoms my gun experienced, and this is what ended up being the answer. It appears that even a slight bend in the soft metal transfer bar can throw off the entire workings of the gun. I ended up bending the bar in various spots, reinstalling the slide multiple times, and trying it - either making it better or worse. On occasion it would spew all the gas out, other times the slide would barely make it 1/4 of the way back. Trial and error led me to get the gun up and running without flaw once again. I want to post this for anyone with similar problems to read and consider replacing their transfer bar. Thanks for reading.

#4 Gman Chris

Gman Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Good thinking. Thanks for posting the resolution! It drives me crazy when people don't do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users