• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fan22606

fan22606

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

I am trying to fix my friend's KWA 1911, however i noticed the hop-up bucking is oversized. before i disassemble the gun, I get fps reading anywhere between 130 to 290. It requires significant amount of force to just push bb though the chamber. Once the gun is full assembled, the hop up bucking gets distorted into a oval cylinder, thus apply unnecessary force on bb. The hop up bucking alone appears to be fine, but it fits really loose onto the inner barrel. Is there any fix for this??

#2 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Sounds like the hop up got messed up. Possibly by getting lube on it. I have heard of them swelling because of this. I would recommend getting a new bucking and see if that fixes the problem.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postfan22606, on 01 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

I am trying to fix my friend's KWA 1911, however i noticed the hop-up bucking is oversized. before i disassemble the gun, I get fps reading anywhere between 130 to 290. It requires significant amount of force to just push bb though the chamber. Once the gun is full assembled, the hop up bucking gets distorted into a oval cylinder, thus apply unnecessary force on bb. The hop up bucking alone appears to be fine, but it fits really loose onto the inner barrel. Is there any fix for this??
Spay silicone or excess silicone used with propane can cause the bucking to swell.  Assuming the hop-up is off and you are having these issues it sounds like it may be time for a new bucking.

#4 fan22606

fan22606

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I see. Make sense. Thank you and I'll give it a try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hopup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users