Raising rps...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ADAMISTHEMETA

ADAMISTHEMETA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT,reddit, halo, battlefield 3, archery and rifle hunting, red vs blue, MY Chemical romance

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm going to be getting a Airsoftgi Blazing hog and I want to increase rps without a high speed if I get a reinforced gearbox, systema shim set, polycarbonate piston,metal spring guide, and modify high speed gears and then use a 11.1V should it perform well and not break down easy and have 25+rps?(a side question is do high speed gears alone slightly increase rps?)

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostADAMISTHEMETA, on 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm going to be getting a Airsoftgi Blazing hog and I want to increase rps without a high speed if I get a reinforced gearbox, systema shim set, polycarbonate piston,metal spring guide, and modify high speed gears and then use a 11.1V should it perform well and not break down easy and have 25+rps?(a side question is do high speed gears alone slightly increase rps?)
What gun are you speaking about here and what FPS are you looking to get?  Is this for indoor CQB or outdoor?  The 2GX gear box is reinforced, comes with a metal spring guide and polycarb reinforced piston and is shimmed at the factory.  Now, adding13:1 ratio high speed gear set and 11.1V LiPo will increase you RPS significantly above 25 BPS and high speed builds are notoriously unstable.  By that I mean they break easily.  If you are simply looking to get a higher ROF adding a lipo is a good start.  A MOSFET will help too with regard to mitigating over-spin.  

If you are looking to build a gun that will fire in the mid/high-30's you should consider the following:
  • MOSFET
  • Lighter Piston
  • 13:1 gears
  • Re-shim the gearbox
  • Short stroke the piston and sector gear
  • Heavier spring to offset the short stroke.
Now, if you are looking to get higher ROF without a high speed set-up, you can simply drop in a high speed SHS motor.  In my KM4A1 with a KWA M130 Spring (455 fps) it runs about 33+ RPS.  It's too fast for field IMO but it is fun!

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Cyclic rate in an AEG gun is linear with the battery voltage which determines the motor rpm.

The gun in question is not a KWA based gun.  

A KWA KM4 or a "custom" based on a KM4 with a 11.1 LiPO battery will provide a cyclic rate of 1550 rpm or 26 rps right out of the box without messing with the gun at all.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users