• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ozone17K

Ozone17K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

So how does everyone like the M226. I have no clue on how long it has been out but I have recently opened my eyes on the m226 and was wondering if anyone has any major complaints against it.

#2 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

I have one and it performs extremely well. I have owned 2 of them and they both had the same problem though. For some reason the slide would stick when trying to cycle forwards. I installed a 150% recoil spring and the problem is gone and the gun shoots crisp with solid blowback. Only thing I still dont like is the hammer spring. It seems weak and gives the trigger pull a mushy feel. This isn't as noticeable when you aren't dry firing.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostHuntsman82, on 20 February 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I have one and it performs extremely well. I have owned 2 of them and they both had the same problem though. For some reason the slide would stick when trying to cycle forwards. I installed a 150% recoil spring and the problem is gone and the gun shoots crisp with solid blowback. Only thing I still dont like is the hammer spring. It seems weak and gives the trigger pull a mushy feel. This isn't as noticeable when you aren't dry firing.
The good news is the latest version of the KM226 has eliminated the hammer bounce (mushy feel).  It's very crisp now.  If you ever need yours serviced, you can have KWA fix this for you.

#4 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I sold the gen 1 226 and have the newer one with subdued trades. And yes it doesn't feel nearly as mushy. That's a good point that I didn't bring up thanks.

#5 Ozone17K

Ozone17K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thanks guys. So in the end is it worth the $130?
It sounds like it would be but im considering the h&k usp by kwa also. But the m226 has a esier fieldstrip

#6 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

They are both great guns. Just go with the one that looks the best to you. Any KWA pistol is worth $130.

Edited by Huntsman82, 21 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users