• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 connorcatalano

connorcatalano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I bought this m9 ptp 2 years ago from airsoft smiths in columbus, ohio. From out of the box this gun has been nothing but problems. I have had to replace the seal in the magazine twice because they keep on braking. Now that I have bought a new mag this has stopped. I have also had to replace the ns2 system three times. Also out of the box the feeding thing in the slide was broken. other thing is that the gun is so inaccurate that it is only effective for about 20 feet. Just this week a small metal piece that sits on the slide to the left of the hammer has broken off. Another thing that I have noticed this week is that when I am shooting it doesn't always load another round into the chamber from the magazine until I pull the slide back again. Finally it doesn't even let me shoot a whole magazine before running out of gas and I fill it for 10 seconds. I use .25 gram kwa perfect bbs and kwa green gas. What is wrong with this gun, and what should I do with it?

Edited by connorcatalano, 19 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sounds like low gas to me.  At least the not loading and few shots part.  Start by charging the magazine for 30 seconds (minimum).  I shot 2 or 3 loads from at least 3 magazines last night from my M9-PTP without a hiccup.  Only shooting at 7 yards, but she was making one big hole shooting timed "twos."

Try cleaning the barrel and bucking with a mild dishwashing detergent in warm water.  (Turn the bucking off first.)  If that doesn't fix the range you'll need to remove and clean the bucking.  Look around here and the web for videos on how to this.

"The small metal piece that sits on the slide to the left of the hammer?"  Might that be the safety/decocker?   (There is a parts diagram in the back of the owners manual).  I recall this is held on by a pin which may have come out.

#3 connorcatalano

connorcatalano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

No I know that piece is not the safety/ decocker it is on the back of the slide and doesn't do anything it is solid metal rectangular piece and is a full part of the slide it wasn't welded on

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

A photo would help.  Is it the tail of part #320?  The tail simulates the visual appearance of the "ejector" at the back of the frame.  It's attached to the frame on the M92/M9 but attached to the slide on the M9 PTP since it's there for appearance only as far as I can tell.  If it's the tail of #320 it doesn't seen to do anything.

-- Chuck

#5 Cpapp

Cpapp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm always confused when people say to charge a mag for 30 seconds. I charge mine for about 10 maximum and I get 2 or 3 mags off my mp7. It also has a bigger gas capacity, So it takes longer than a pistol mag.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostCpapp, on 22 February 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

I'm always confused when people say to charge a mag for 30 seconds. I charge mine for about 10 maximum and I get 2 or 3 mags off my mp7. It also has a bigger gas capacity, So it takes longer than a pistol mag.
Are you using propane or green gas?

#7 Cpapp

Cpapp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

View Postgcw360, on 22 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Are you using propane or green gas?
Green gas

#8 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Are the magazine fill valve o-rings in place? Is any gas escaping when you're charging your magazines? Are you using a full/new can of green gas?

You need to give us more information and or pictures. I'd like to find out what your issues are because I've owned my M9 PTP for 5 years, I've had to replace parts from wear & tear but overall I've had outstanding performance out of it.

Edited by Twombles, 24 February 2013 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users