daniel defence rails omega lite

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Marklaziere

Marklaziere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, bodybuilding, Xbox, cooking.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi guys just new to the forums and wondering if anyone could help me. I recently purchase a KM4A1 and just finishied fully magpuling it. However I've been always a big fan ovthe rails and the magpul handguard really starting to bore me. found soe really nice lookin Daniel defence rails on eBay, says from China but looks genuine enough, anyway I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they fit?

The omega rail (7 inch) seems pretty nice but would it go well with thestock delta ring on the gun? Or do I need to do some mods to make it fit? Not really good with mods but anyones advise i would be very grateful. Are there any wobble to it when fitted?

Also the DD lite rail (7 inch) seems pretty awesome too makes the gun seems more wholesome and sturdy plus it connects the rails together but I've only seen in YouTube some people installing it and I'm not sure if the thread on KWA (in place of the delta ring would be) fit on it? Or would it need re threading to fit the lock from the rails?

Btw the for the battery I'm thinking of just putting a peq for the mean time.and possibly rearwiring in the future. Any help from u guys would be awesome, wouldn't want to spend money on something that wouldn't fit.

Thanks

#2 nbv386

nbv386

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

If you look on evikes site they sell KWAs with those rails so I would assume they work.

#3 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

yeas the Daniel Defense systems work..I just put the 4" lite on mine and I have seen other guys use other systems...heres mine just put it on..

Attached Files

#4 andye

andye

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postndfan6464, on 17 February 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

yeas the Daniel Defense systems work..I just put the 4" lite on mine and I have seen other guys use other systems...heres mine just put it on..

Bit off topic, but... Is your eotech magnifier usable? Mine blurs the reticle so much it's a waste of time

#5 Marklaziere

Marklaziere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Oh I see so these would fit then?

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=32107

I prefer the look of it on the gun. But U didn't get any problem instling it? If so ill get that one. Thanks a.bunch for your help :)

#6 usmcfdny88

usmcfdny88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting, Airsoft, joining the United States Marine Corps, Hunting, Hockey, Lacrosse

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Does anyone know what KAC carbine style ris fits on a cqr. The ris I have now needs heavy modification to fit and its cheaper to buy a new one. Is it possible for me to buy a ris directly from KWA by calling so I know its just a drop in fit.

#7 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postandye, on 17 February 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Bit off topic, but... Is your eotech magnifier usable? Mine blurs the reticle so much it's a waste of time

Andye------If you get a riser it will work perfect. Lucky me I have a few laying around, slapped it on and it worked great. I am sure you know that if you look at something close range it gets blurry since its meant for long range. Also the BB protectors that you insert into the Eotech make it blurry. To me its ok I can work through it. But if it bothers you then get the clamp on red dot sight ones (they clamp to the rails) they work great as well

#8 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostMarklaziere, on 17 February 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Oh I see so these would fit then?

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=32107

I prefer the look of it on the gun. But U didn't get any problem instling it? If so ill get that one. Thanks a.bunch for your help :)

Yes that will work Mark..I love the system. fits really good. The only thing that didnt fit was this tiny silver rod that goes into the gas tube hole on the receiver and into the ring thats closes to the receiver. It was i swear a mm to big. If you want you could sand the rod down a bit to get it to fit. I didnt and its still super tight, no movement with the RIS at all. I even played 8hrs with it right after i installed it and still just as tight.

#9 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postusmcfdny88, on 17 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Does anyone know what KAC carbine style ris fits on a cqr. The ris I have now needs heavy modification to fit and its cheaper to buy a new one. Is it possible for me to buy a ris directly from KWA by calling so I know its just a drop in fit.

You should be able to, hopefuly they have it in stock. If not they will be able to help you find one that will work in the mean time..

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postndfan6464, on 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Andye------If you get a riser it will work perfect. Lucky me I have a few laying around, slapped it on and it worked great. I am sure you know that if you look at something close range it gets blurry since its meant for long range. Also the BB protectors that you insert into the Eotech make it blurry. To me its ok I can work through it. But if it bothers you then get the clamp on red dot sight ones (they clamp to the rails) they work great as well
Regarding the BB protectors making things blurry, go to Lowes, get some .10" Lexan (it's nice and thin), an 8X10" sheet is like 3-4 bucks, and cut some shields for your optic. Be sure it's the one that has a protective coating with red lettering.  It's very, very strong. It is crystal clear and can take a beating.  I tested one piece with a .177 cal pellet gun at 800 FPS point blank and it simply bounced off and only marred the surface a bit. I also hit it with a hammer and the stuff didn't break.  In fact I think it actually laughed at me!!! What you can do is cut it, tape it on when needed, and you are good to go.  Better yet, make a few for friends, give it to them or sell it to them. They get a deal because it's better than what you can buy aftermarket and you cover your cost...maybe even turn a profit!

#11 Marklaziere

Marklaziere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Brilliant! Imbgoing for that rail now, luckily I bought a hobby tool not so long ago tryin to fit the Moe grip on mine. Im sure that mm wont be a problem :) cheers for the help guys this forum is awesome :D

#12 andye

andye

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

View Postndfan6464, on 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

The magnifier lines up perfectly with the sight so I can't see the need for a riser. But the reticle is so blurry the magnifier is unusable

#13 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postandye, on 19 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

The magnifier lines up perfectly with the sight so I can't see the need for a riser. But the reticle is so blurry the magnifier is unusable

how about when just looking through the magnifier? not trying to look through it and the sight. Is it blurry?

#14 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postgcw360, on 18 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Regarding the BB protectors making things blurry, go to Lowes, get some .10" Lexan (it's nice and thin), an 8X10" sheet is like 3-4 bucks, and cut some shields for your optic. Be sure it's the one that has a protective coating with red lettering.  It's very, very strong. It is crystal clear and can take a beating.  I tested one piece with a .177 cal pellet gun at 800 FPS point blank and it simply bounced off and only marred the surface a bit. I also hit it with a hammer and the stuff didn't break.  In fact I think it actually laughed at me!!! What you can do is cut it, tape it on when needed, and you are good to go.  Better yet, make a few for friends, give it to them or sell it to them. They get a deal because it's better than what you can buy aftermarket and you cover your cost...maybe even turn a profit!

Good call GCW..I saw a guy do that to his flashlight..cut out a small round piece and taped it to it..

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postndfan6464, on 20 February 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Good call GCW..I saw a guy do that to his flashlight..cut out a small round piece and taped it to it..
It's all I use now.  Not slick enough for a "photo op" but in the field it is unbeatable!

#16 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

and thats what counts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daniel, defence, rails, omega, lite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users