#1 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey guys,

Not sure exactly what's going on with my Gen 2 ATP. My  ATP has a tendency to not fully cycle (the slide will only rack back about a 1/4 inch not enough to actually load a round in the chamber)  It does fully cycle and load a round more times then not, but it has become very frequent and is extremely frustrating in a game. I'm using green gas, I have the gun fully taken apart and lubed up with silicone oil in all the right parts, obviously it's something more. I have replaced the return springs already.

My thoughts are it's possibly not getting enough gas to rack the slide and fire, which could be the magazine(s) or maybe the device that engages the release valve on the magazine? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Twombles, 11 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Few places to check: the seal between the gas outlet port and the cylinder... make sure cylinder isn't cracked, the piston is lubricated, that port is aligned correctly with the cylinder... Also make sure your hammer spring can hit the gas release valve correctly. To check this, load the magazine up with about a 2 second gas charge. Disassemble the slide so that you only have the lower frame. Insert mag, cock hammer back, pull trigger. If all the gas is released, it's not a problem with your hammer spring/ impact block/ gas release valve.

How long are you charging your magazines for?

Also, the cylinder return springs seemed to get mangled easily on my M9 nowadays... are you sure the return springs are set in place correctly?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Before attempting any repairs I would recommend that you first clean and lubricate the slide rails on both the slide and lower frame.  Then while the mag is empty of gas add a couple of drops of silicone oil on the magazine release valve and massage the oil in a bit.  See if these simple maintenance tips helps then we can examine other possibilities more closely.
BTW, is your ATP still under 45 days warranty?

#4 Kaptastic

Kaptastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Although this thread is a few months old I felt obliged to point any followers to a post I just made on a recent thread about what seems to be the same issue. Basically to sum it up, I replaced parts 18, 16, and 68. Gun shoots great.

More explained in my full post here: http://kwausa.com/fo...showtopic=11036

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users