• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kurama

Kurama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

So basically, I was trying out my MP7 again today to show my brother, and I couldn't get it to work. What I found was that until I released most of the gas from the magazines, it wouldn't shoot, as if the hammer simply wasn't strong enough to hit the release and actually set it off. The gun would load a round, click from me using the charging handle, but no gas would be released at all. Is there any way specifically to fix this? I figure there might be a spring I would need to change, but if it is something easy I'm willing to try it.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

When cocking the gun, be sure to pull the charging handle back really good and let it go... in short, pull the charging handle back like a badass. What I've found is that if I slowly let the charging handle return to place when cocking the gun, I won't be able to pull the trigger and the hammer won't drop.

But the fact that your gun won't shoot unless gas was expelled from the mag bothers me. I'd lubricate the gas release valve first... if that doesn't help, it may be the impact block hammer/ hammer spring... If that is ultimately the case, I'd recommend sending the gun in to kwa for proper repair. If this is the case, you can submit an RMA here: kwausa.com/support

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

The gun should load and later fire properly from bolt lock and tripping the bolt release.  Or cycling the charging handle and letting the bolt drop.  I suspect your bolt in not "in battery" and the firing pin is not striking the gas release valve.  Try some silicone lubricant (sparingly) and a full release of the charging handle if using that technique.

-- Chuck

#4 Kurama

Kurama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

It's not that the hammer won't go, I do pull back the charging handle all the way, and fast as said... It's that though it will click from the hammer moving, there will be no gas being released.

#5 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I would try a new hammer spring, just to eliminate the possibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users