• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, Snowboarding, ARMA, Cars, Computers.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hi, every time I put in any mag full of the gas in the magwell, all of the gas expells from the chamber. So basically the gun is useless at the moment. If anyone can reply with the part that might be the culprit please list it. I currently have 6 mags and all of them have the same issue.

Thank You
Messed up on the title i meant "Fresh Mag"
Sorry I didnt see the PTP Forums

Edited by I Am Infidel, 11 February 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hey infidel. By chamber I'm assuming you are talking about the gas outlet port? I'd recommend taking out all the valves (gas fill valve/release valve) and cleaning the threads that the valves screw into. Apply a drop of silicon oil to threads after you've cleaned them. Also, check if all the o rings are lubricated and not torn or missing from both the fill valve and gas release valve. Once you ensured that, tighten them back up into the magazine and see if that makes a difference.

#3 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Are you talking about the magazine? I think it has something to do with the part that touches the gas valve. I just tried what you said, but it still has the same issue, this time though it has just enough has when I put the mag in to fire 2 shots I'll putt a video up. You can hear a pop sound.

#4 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I used a full mag of gas.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

How long are you charging the mag for? What type and brand of gas are you using?  Is the can a fresh one?

#6 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'm using valken green gas, I'm charging gas until I stop hearing it fill, the can is filling my lm4 mags. I think I am running low on gas now, this issue is wasting it. last time I was testing it the gas dramatically shot out of the chamber like if I'm using the release.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Try filling for at least 25 seconds... When the gun "pops" and stops firing, remove the magazine and feel if the gas release valve still has resistance. If it does, it still has gas in it. And that would mean that you need your hammer spring (the one the pushes the impact block to hit the gas release valve) replaced.

#8 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I think I might have fixed it, I dropped a little silicone in the gas port on the mag and now it holds the gas, I assume since all six mags did the same thing all of the sudden i assumed it might be the gun. I really appreciate the help.

#9 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

I hope you found the cure but I see no reason any gas should vent when you insert the magazine and the same problem on six magazines makes the pistol still the primary suspect to me.  The gas "pop" in the video is not enough to expel much gas from the magazine so I suspect there's little gas in there.  Fresh can for at least 30 seconds will be a better trial (I charge my M9 mags that long and my LM4 mags for 45 seconds).

There's a foam filler inside the gas canister that will give the impression there's still some LP in there when you shake an empty can.

-- Chuck

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Chuck S, on 14 February 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

I hope you found the cure but I see no reason any gas should vent when you insert the magazine and the same problem on six magazines makes the pistol still the primary suspect to me.  The gas "pop" in the video is not enough to expel much gas from the magazine so I suspect there's little gas in there.  Fresh can for at least 30 seconds will be a better trial (I charge my M9 mags that long and my LM4 mags for 45 seconds).

There's a foam filler inside the gas canister that will give the impression there's still some LP in there when you shake an empty can.

-- Chuck
So, I take it you have "cracked" a can open?  Thank you for the post!

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

gcw360, on 15 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

So, I take it you have "cracked" a can open?  Thank you for the post!
I have. Chuck is right, there is a foam filler inside the can.

#12 BiGWaVeDave

BiGWaVeDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Snowboarding,

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I've had my p226 for about a year and a half and never had an issue and now I am experiencing this same issue.  I get 2 to 4 shots and the mag is completely empty.  Same problem on 2 separate magazines.   I thought it may have been the hammer spring but I can't explain why the mag is completely empty (no back pressure on the valve) after that short of a cycle.  I haven't pulled the valves out to check them yet.  
I cleaned and regreased the piston assembly since I thought I may have been losing gas there but it still does the same thing.  Any other ideas?

#13 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

BiGWaVeDave, on 26 February 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

I've had my p226 for about a year and a half and never had an issue and now I am experiencing this same issue.  I get 2 to 4 shots and the mag is completely empty.  Same problem on 2 separate magazines.   I thought it may have been the hammer spring but I can't explain why the mag is completely empty (no back pressure on the valve) after that short of a cycle.  I haven't pulled the valves out to check them yet.  
I cleaned and regreased the piston assembly since I thought I may have been losing gas there but it still does the same thing.  Any other ideas?
are you sure your not low on gas? If your filling it correctly and you have a leak most likely you will see the gas shoot out of the gun. Also make sure you keep your can of gas out of the cold before using it or it will fill for a while but only allow 2 - 5 shots due to the low density. Try dropping silicone in the rubber piece on top of the mag.

#14 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Now my gun is shooting 5 shots then the gas shoots out dramatically like if i'm pressing the gas release. Its also shooting 2 shots on one trigger pull.

#15 BiGWaVeDave

BiGWaVeDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Snowboarding,

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

I Am Infidel, on 26 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

are you sure your not low on gas? If your filling it correctly and you have a leak most likely you will see the gas shoot out of the gun. Also make sure you keep your can of gas out of the cold before using it or it will fill for a while but only allow 2 - 5 shots due to the low density. Try dropping silicone in the rubber piece on top of the mag.

I've been doing this whole airsoft thing for long enough to know how to fill a gas mag.  I have two mags that I've been using for the last couple years and they are both doing the same thing.  Could just be a fluke I guess.  I have a teammate with a p226 that I'm going to test my mags in his gun and his in mine to make a better determination this week and will update this post.

#16 I Am Infidel

I Am Infidel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Outlaw1995, on 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Try filling for at least 25 seconds... When the gun "pops" and stops firing, remove the magazine and feel if the gas release valve still has resistance. If it does, it still has gas in it. And that would mean that you need your hammer spring (the one the pushes the impact block to hit the gas release valve) replaced.
After disassembling the gun, i think your right its the hammer spring. The impact block isn't functioning correctly. I think its possible that maybe it got knocked loose (I never took apart the lower reciever before this issue)? and maybe i installed it incorrectly? When i install it correctly is it supposed to have tension with the hammer pin sleeve? because when i disassembled it, it just fell out and that's the same way i reassembled it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users